Mooring / Docking

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Mooring / Docking / I

Author I
Hans Brey
Spring City, TN

Boat Name: KemoSabe

Model/Year: 1975

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
11/14/2008 7:41 AM Pacific Time

Hi all!
I am building a slip with a "Topless lift" The pilings are driven. Now I am breaking my brains how to position and fix my Catalina 22 on on the two horizontal bars which are lifted. Any Ideas? If I could just mount the top part of my trailer in the cradle. But what would i do if I had to trail the boat?
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
11/14/2008 11:40 PM Pacific Time

My trailer bunks are adjustable and removable. We had a welder make them that way. The posts that are afixed to the curved bunks the boat sits on, slip inside to posts affixed to the trailer. There are several different height holes with a hitch pin through each post. Sort or setup like the adjustable tongue extension only vertical instead of horizontal. This could be setup on a up/down platform. When the platform is in the water, just drive the boat onto the bunks installed on the platform and hoist the platform up out of the water. To reverse the process, while the boat was in the water, remove the bunks from the platform and re-install on the trailer, drive to a ramp and put the boat back on the trailer. Another idea is to have a second set of bunks welded to a platform that can be lifted out of the water. Haven't tried these ideas, just my humble opinion.

Mooring / Docking
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Mooring / Docking / I