Plumbing

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Plumbing / Water tank for 1986 Catalina 22 New Design

Author Water tank for 1986 Catalina 22 New Design
Michael R Cohen
Branford

Boat Name: Moon Jelly II

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Branford, Ct
11/19/2010 6:02 AM Pacific Time

Hi,

I just bought a 1986 Catalina 22 New design. The water tank is missing. This model has the water tank located amid ships just forward of the head.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or is there a way to use another type of tank.

Thanks,

MikeC
David Torrisi
Santa Clara, CA

Boat Name: Dumbo

Model/Year: 1975 C-22

Hull No. 4330

Hailing Port: Santa Clara
11/22/2010 10:44 AM Pacific Time

Mike,
You should be able to source a similar if not identical tank from someplace like Catalina Direct or West Marine. If you have a local marine parts supply, they could help as well. Just find the original size or measure the size of the cubby it lives in before you call anyone.
David
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
11/23/2010 2:31 PM Pacific Time

I work for a Catalina Dealer in AZ and we can check with Catalina Yachts in Florida for a replacement for you. Catalina Yachts wants to know you BIN number that is stamped under the rubrail on the starboard aft end of your boat. It's also shown on your state registration papers if that helps. I believe CD can also do the same if you don't find a generic water tank.
Ted McGee
Cumming

Boat Name: GA

Model/Year: MKII/1996

Hull No. 15370

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Georgia
11/24/2010 6:58 AM Pacific Time

Another source may be those big camping / RV stores. RVers use simialr water tanks. If you know how big a tank you can fit in the space you may find something suitable there.

Plumbing
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Plumbing / Water tank for 1986 Catalina 22 New Design