Cabin

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Can't get cusions dry

Author Can't get cusions dry
Dwayne Guidry
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1983 Catalina 22

Hull No. CTYH1458M83

Hailing Port: Lake Arthur La.
03/21/2004 5:37 PM Pacific Time

I pulled the covers off of my cushions to wash them and decided to wash the cushions also. I dipped them in clorox and water. Now I can't get them to dry. I've had them haning up outside for two days they still aren't dry.
Has anyone had this problem? If so how did you dry yours.

Thanks
Dwayne

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
03/22/2004 11:49 AM Pacific Time

We bought a 76 C-22 last fall and removed all the covers from the original cushions. My wife put them in the shower and marched around on them. After we raced to get them outside we draped them over a railing, chairs, etc. and let them hang for DAYS. It will take quite a while for them to dry -but they will dry. We also took a chance and put the covers in the washing machine and using warm/cold setting proceeded to give them what may have been their first bath. They came out clean as a whistle and amazingly in good shape. Last night we pulled them out of storage from the winter and brought the foam and cushions together once again. Lots of pushing but they are all in and ready to go. Yes, a few are a little snug but overall it worked out great. We figure they will settle out and work back in shape. They smell great and they look very good for originals. Just keep the foam in a warm area and hang them so they can drain, don't lay them flat or they won't dry but just sit with water. If you want to email me for any questions it is [email protected].
Charlie Hayes
Erlanger, Ky

Boat Name: funky haze

Model/Year: 1976

Hull No. CTY7H6577M76L

Hailing Port: Cincinnati, Oh
06/13/2004 5:21 AM Pacific Time

To dry the foam cushions quicker try putting them through a spin cycle in your home washer or at a laundromat. If you have an attended laundromat or dry cleaner, see if they can put the cushions through an "extractor" large volume spin machine. Then hang dry to complete.

Cabin
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Can't get cusions dry