Cabin

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Sliding galley doesn't slide - water tap too tall

Author Sliding galley doesn't slide - water tap too tall
Cynthia
Victoria BC

Boat Name: Merlin

Model/Year: 22/81

Hull No. C YH0025M81D

Hailing Port: Sidney BC
06/23/2011 1:34 PM Pacific Time

I can't slide the sliding galley stern-ward and under the cockpit because the pump/water tap is too tall. Even if I pull off the removeable tall spout, it still doesn't fit under the cockpit. The pump doesn't seem to come off either for sliding.

The current water pump/tap must be a replacement of the original - it looks like the one in the CD catalogue.

I would like to be able to slide my galley. Does anyone know the secret?
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
06/23/2011 11:42 PM Pacific Time

I sell used C22's and have seen many galley's that were home built. Is yours the fiberglass one or a wood one? Some people secure small squares of carpet or store bought sliders to the aft end corners of the unit to help it slide easier and lift out the sink spigiot. I'm on my personal 4th C22 #11994 and really prefer a bucket for washing dishes, and store my 48 Qt. cooler where some store their sliding galley. By the way FYI a 10 gl. Rubbermaid Roughneck storage bin without the lid fits securely in the cutout in the starboard aft lazerette and gives corraled storage for fenders, docklines and ground tackle/anchor, etc. After seeing your post, I'm strongly considering the hauser pipe to the V-berth storage area. Right now my priority is getting the running rigging to the cockpit and adding a split backstay and re-installing the roller furling. I have a new Nicro solar fan in a box (another project) and if you don't figure out your wiring let me know and I can check mine if it is the same brand as yours.

Cabin
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Sliding galley doesn't slide - water tap too tall