Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller / 22 Catalina Starboard Lazerette Mystery

Author 22 Catalina Starboard Lazerette Mystery
Jimmy
Sudlersville, Maryland

Boat Name: Lulu

Model/Year: Catalina 22 / 1984

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Rock Hall
08/22/2018 8:47 AM Pacific Time

I am resurrecting a 1984 22C. She has been sitting on the hard for 9 seasons. I pumped about 400 gallons of fairly fresh rainwater out of her. In the Starboard are Lazerette are 2 pieces of 1/2 inch plywood 10” x 20” glassed into hull. The coating has failed and they are rotted. I don’t think it’s a repair -‘it looks like original factory work. I don’t think it’s a lifting point because their isn’t a corresponding set up in port lazerette. Any ideas about what the purpose is?
Jack Remus
Pensacola, Florida

Boat Name: Seagull III

Model/Year: Catalina 22, 1983

Hull No. 11607

Hailing Port: Pensacola, Florida
09/18/2018 3:03 PM Pacific Time

I have a 83 and the starboard lazarette has fiberglass gel coat bottom with a hole in it that has a hatch cover to access below it in the bilge. But no plywood is there anywhere. Can you see all the way down into the bilge when you open the lazarette (accessing from the cockpit), if so maybe yours is a later variant. Would love to know.

Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller / 22 Catalina Starboard Lazerette Mystery