Engine

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Exhaust System

Author Exhaust System
David Yaman
Cortland, NY

Boat Name: RazzMaTazz

Model/Year: 1995

Hull No. 247

Hailing Port: Cayuga Lake
05/06/2004 5:35 AM Pacific Time

I own a 1995 32 ft. Catalina sailboat. My water bath muffler has a crack in it and leaks. I am not sure how the system works (what it looks like inside). Is there a replacement part that I can purchase or can another system be retrofitted.
Tim Glover
Sutton, Ontario

Boat Name: Omigosh

Model/Year: 1976 swing keel

Hull No. 5491

Hailing Port: Jackson's Point
05/07/2004 5:40 PM Pacific Time

David; Can't you take it off and get it welded?
David Yaman
Cortland, NY

Boat Name: RazzMaTazz

Model/Year: 1995

Hull No. 247

Hailing Port: Cayuga Lake
05/07/2004 6:54 PM Pacific Time

Tim - It is a plastic box with exhause intake that contains water from the cooling system. It appears that the water fills the box and exits out of a hose at the top of the other side of the box.
Tim Glover
Sutton, Ontario

Boat Name: Omigosh

Model/Year: 1976 swing keel

Hull No. 5491

Hailing Port: Jackson's Point
05/08/2004 5:25 AM Pacific Time

Sorry, didn't know it was plastic. Is it possible to either roughen the surface and fibreglass it or get another piece of plastic and stick it on with 5200 sealant? My boat's too small for what you're dealing with, so I'm just tossing out ideas.
Regards
Tim
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
05/08/2004 6:39 AM Pacific Time

David - You have found the Catalina 22 Forum. None of us have the kind of equipment to which you refer. Suggest you try itne following address:

http://www.sailnet.com/email_lists/processing/index.cfm%20?list=c320
Gaston & Fran on RELAX
Caribbean

Boat Name: RELAX

Model/Year: 1989

Hull No. 42

Hailing Port: Lake Champlain, NY
03/22/2005 12:55 PM Pacific Time

I own a Catalina 42 1989. The exhaust muffler that runs from the engine to the muffler has to be changed. rusted and leaks. I cannot find service or parts from Yanmar.
I am now in Belize and would like to know where I can get the part number and and where I can order from.
Gaston & Fran on RELAX in Belize, C.A.
my e-mail is [email protected]

Engine
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Exhaust System