Plumbing

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Plumbing / Older Mansfield Portapottie Parts?

Author Older Mansfield Portapottie Parts?
Russ Milham
Lake Forest Park, WA

Boat Name: Griot

Model/Year: C-22 1981

Hull No. CTYH0492M811

Hailing Port: Kenmore Air Harbor
05/09/2004 10:20 PM Pacific Time

My boat has a perfectly good (and large) old Mansfield (now SeaLand Technology) Portapottie. The only thing it needs is a new bowl valve seal - the round triple-seal casket that closes the holding tank from the bowl opening. This is not interchangeable with the newer SeaLand gate-type valves. Does anyone know of a source of replacement parts for these units?
Philip L .KWASINSKI
Chicago Illinois

Boat Name: O Wa Diddy

Model/Year: 1981

Hull No. 10523

Hailing Port: Chicago
05/10/2004 3:38 AM Pacific Time

If no one knows a source you could probably take the old o ring seal to a hottub/pool supply store and they can match it up for you.
Bob Keim
Nashville

Boat Name: Pursuit

Model/Year: C22/1976

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Nashville
05/10/2004 4:27 AM Pacific Time

West Marine may be able to order one for you since they sell some of their products. If not, contact Sealand through their website to find out where to get one. They control their distrubution through exclusive territories, and many local dealers don't care about a $2.00 parts order, so you may have trouble...
Russ Milham
Lake Forest Park, WA

Boat Name: Griot

Model/Year: C-22 1981

Hull No. CTYH0492M811

Hailing Port: Kenmore Air Harbor
05/10/2004 9:25 PM Pacific Time

Haiku for a dead Sanipottie

Some great ideas; Thanks!
Many, I’d already tried
So now it is in the trash
Dan Healy
Farmingdale NY

Boat Name: Aurora

Model/Year: 1985/86

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Copaigue LI
02/18/2006 2:39 PM Pacific Time

You may want to try Northeast Sanitation located in Farmingdale NY. I have to warn you that I tried to get a new ball valve assembly for mine only to learn that they are no longer made. They tried to locate a new part but were unable. Even if they could get it it would almost as much as new porta pottie. Good luck with you search.
Dan Healy
Farmingdale NY

Hull No.

02/18/2006 2:40 PM Pacific Time

You may want to try Northeast Sanitation located in Farmingdale NY. I have to warn you that I tried to get a new ball valve assembly for mine only to learn that they are no longer made. They tried to locate a new part but were unable. Even if they could get it it would almost as much as new porta pottie. Good luck with your search.
Dan Healy
Farmingdale NY

Hull No.

02/18/2006 2:43 PM Pacific Time

You may want to try Northeast Sanitation located in Farmingdale NY (and other locations around the country). I should warn you that I could not get a new ball valve assembly for mine as they are no longer made. Even if they could find one for me I was told it would cost nearly as much as new Sealand porta pottie.Good luck with your search.
Dan Healy
Farmingdale NY

Hull No.

02/19/2006 5:05 PM Pacific Time

Sorry for the repetitive reply. Just a glitch at my end.

Plumbing
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Plumbing / Older Mansfield Portapottie Parts?