Trailers / Trailering

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / Extendo-Woes

Author Extendo-Woes
jamie wheal
Mt. Airy, MD

Boat Name: Peggy-O

Model/Year: 1990

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Annapolis
05/24/2004 11:45 AM Pacific Time

We have just bought a '90 22 with a homemade trailer. It had to have the wheels/hubs/brakes replaced, but now we have a fixed brake line that we will have to disconnect and to extend the tongue for launching and then re-bleed to restore brake function.

I've looked on Eastern and West Marine for some kinds of quick release nipple (I'm imagining something like an air compressor's but smaller) for the rigid brake line, but am at a loss as to how everyone else manages this?

Thanks!

Jamie
Ken Palmer
Franklin, TN.

Boat Name: "Last Penny"

Model/Year: 1981

Hull No. 10475

Hailing Port: PPYC
05/24/2004 12:32 PM Pacific Time

Jamie you can get the quick connect from either Champion Trailers or DHM Trailers. Both carry the brass in stock.

Good luck
Ken Palmer
"Last Penny"
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
05/24/2004 2:52 PM Pacific Time

The Performance Trailer I just purchased has flexible hydraulic lines inside a protective sheath. The lines are routed inside the extendable tongue. The lines and sheath uncoil when the tongue is extended and coil up when it is restored to the retracted position. Mo messing with quick disconnects.
jamie wheal
Mt. Airy, MD

Boat Name: Peggy-O

Model/Year: 1990

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Annapolis
06/14/2004 5:10 PM Pacific Time

thanks guys,

I ended up ordering a quick release from trail-rite--but didn't need it yet--that little boat seems to float off pretty well!

Jamie

Trailers / Trailering
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / Extendo-Woes