Trailers / Trailering

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / Trailer dimensions

Author Trailer dimensions
Jason Gauthier
Pasadena, MD

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
06/17/2004 4:54 AM Pacific Time

I am considering the purchase of a 1980s Catalina 22, but want to make sure I can get it up my driveway. At its narrowest, my driveway is 8' 1". Can anyone give me the dimensions of the Catalina trailer's width. Also, length of the trailer and height of the shoal keel Catlina on the trailer would be very helpful.

Thank you - Jason
Karl Mielenhausen
New Bern, NC

Boat Name: Impromptu

Model/Year: C22 1985

Hull No. 13021

Hailing Port: Northwest Creek Marina
06/18/2004 11:28 AM Pacific Time

The Trailrite single axle trailer for my 1985 C22 (swing keel) is 94" wide (fender to fender) and 244" long, but my boat also overhangs the rear by some 24" or so as I remember.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
06/19/2004 4:16 AM Pacific Time

Trailer track width will vary somewhat from builder to builder. Generally the trailer will be about as wide as the boat, but can be narrower or wider. I believe you will find nearly all trailers to be 8' or less in width. Accordingly, you are going to get real good at backing your trailer if you expect to keep it on a driveway 1"-7" wider! I don't think you are going to find any sailboat that will allow you to back up an 8' driverway without getting on the grass, unless it is on the top of your car/truck.

Trailers / Trailering
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / Trailer dimensions