Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Cockpit Cushions

Author Cockpit Cushions
Mark Dauphinais
Harvest, AL

Boat Name: SoJourner

Model/Year: 1988

Hull No. 14412

Hailing Port: Rogersville, AL
09/10/2004 8:04 AM Pacific Time

I need to replace my cockpit cushions and I seem to recall someone saying that they had used the Igloo Ice Chest cushions. My question is what size Igloo cushions were used to fit the C22 cockpit? If there are any other suggestions, please feel free to reply.

Thanks,
Mark
Fred Apstein
Gabriola Is BC

Boat Name: Scruples

Model/Year: 1976

Hull No. 95

Hailing Port: Gabriola Is BC
09/11/2004 9:56 AM Pacific Time

I got some lawn chair cushions from Canadian Tire for under 5 bucks each. They still look new after one season of use. They have thin (1 1/2 in) foam with a synthetic cover in a floral design. I will be happy to buy a new pair when they get torn or dirty at the price.

Recently I found another type of lawn chair cushion at a Garage sale. The fabric is stiffer plastic, thicker, and they're really made to leave out in the rain. I found the same thing at one of the box stores, but the price is much higher. 12 bucks each!

These cushions have a place where they fold easily so you can lean back against the cabin and put your feet up on the cockpit seat. No extra charge for this feature.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
09/11/2004 5:34 PM Pacific Time

Mark,

Cockpit cushions come in a standard width (as it happens the exact width of your cockpit seats). You can however, get them in various lengths and colors. I bought mine at Walmart in the 3 foot size I beleive... but available also in Kmart and of course, alll the usual boating outlets.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/19/2004 9:09 PM Pacific Time

the Waalmart cushions, are they cooler cushions? we have not seen any cooler cushions at the Walmarts here in Spokane

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/20/2004 3:22 PM Pacific Time

Walmart.... Kmart both carry them. Probably only in spring/summer though along with their seasonal cooler stuff.
They are also available at WM
Ken Palmer
Franklin, TN.

Boat Name: "Last Penny"

Model/Year: 1981

Hull No. 10475

Hailing Port: PPYC
10/22/2004 10:06 AM Pacific Time

I bought the "go anywhere chairs" from West Marine. They have a internal frame that allows them to be folded to make a seat back. There on sale right now 2 for 1 price. four fits nicely.
Marie Musolino
Nags Head, NC

Boat Name: Reality Check

Model/Year: Catalina 22 / 1977/Swing Keel

Hull No. 6869

Hailing Port: Nags Head NC
10/22/2004 11:15 AM Pacific Time

Ken, did you find them on line or in your local store?
Ken Palmer
Franklin, TN.

Hull No. 10475

10/22/2004 12:30 PM Pacific Time

Local store had two colors, P/Blue and D/Blue, but they (W/M) have several other colors than can be ordered. I took two and had two ordered. I have had mine for most of the summer, just recieved a flyer yesterday with them again on sale. As for how they work, not sure I could do without them now.
Robert Leach

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/25/2004 6:35 AM Pacific Time

Sailrite (www.sailrite.com) now offers cockpit cushon kits. You pick the fabric and foam and the cut the materials and the foam for you. All you need to do is sew them up!

Robert
Nancy Varvil
Fayetteville, Arkansas

Boat Name: Cha-Ching

Hull No. 10448

Hailing Port: Beaver Lake, Arkansas
10/25/2004 1:00 PM Pacific Time

I'm looking in the W3st Marine catalog and on their website and don't see any "Go anywhere" chairs. They sound good.
Any further identification/name/label/type to ask for to find them?

Ken Palmer
Franklin, TN.

Hull No. 10475

10/25/2004 10:00 PM Pacific Time

pg. 810 of the master catalog.
Nancy Varvil
Fayetteville, Arkansas

Boat Name: Cha-Ching

Hull No. 10448

Hailing Port: Beaver Lake, Arkansas
10/26/2004 3:53 PM Pacific Time

Duh . . . There they are. Thanks.
Marie Musolino
Nags Head, NC

Boat Name: Reality Check

Model/Year: Catalina 22 / 1977/Swing Keel

Hull No. 6869

Hailing Port: Nags Head NC
10/27/2004 12:46 PM Pacific Time

I just went to my local West Marine store - and there they were. I asked how long the sale was on, and the manager told me until 10/31. Then proceeded to say that if I would tell her that the chairs are currently advertized in the christmas catalog at 40% off, she would have to give me a chair at 40% off and still give me the free one. So my net cost for 4 chairs was $107 ( not including tax).
---Turk ---
Canfield, Ohio

Boat Name: Miss Kitty

Model/Year: 1974 C22

Hull No. 3520

Hailing Port: Mosquito Lake, N.E. Ohio
10/28/2004 4:11 AM Pacific Time

Just for your information, I bought 2 of the seats from WM for buy one get one free - last year. They were fine for the season although the zippers on the back have both broken. They are not made as well as the "original" (forget the name) . The frame is not as strong but OK, and the seat foam is a lot less firm. If I had to do it again, I would buy the more expensive version. They really work well at the rear of the cockpit (so you can sit facing forward) I put my tiller tamer cord over the bottom seat to hold them in the boat. Works really well. Best upgrade for comfort I've bought yet and I have standard cockpit cusions down also!

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Cockpit Cushions