Cabin

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / V berth/head - main cabin

Author V berth/head - main cabin

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
02/14/2005 11:57 AM Pacific Time

Has anyone built a solid separation/partition and a door between the forward V berth/head and the main cabin??
Jim Bailey
Hesperia, California

Boat Name: Sailing Free

Model/Year: C-22 1973

Hull No. 2371

Hailing Port: Dana Point, California
12/14/2005 8:44 PM Pacific Time

I purchased a C-22 with a V Berth seperator. Look at my website http://www.highdesertrealestate.com/sailing_free_.htm to see a photo.

Jim Bailey
Bilbo
Youngstown, Ohio

Boat Name: Sea Dog

Model/Year: Catalina 22 1987

Hull No. 13971

Hailing Port: Andover, Ohio
12/15/2005 6:28 AM Pacific Time

That is a neat addition Jim. As I mentioned, I am intending to partially close off mine since I need to replace the bulkheads from rot at the bottoms.

There is one other boat that I have seen on the net that has a closed off V berth with a pocket (sliding) door, I believe.

http://www.catalina27.org/Fleet4/BOAT.html

This BOAT, owned by David "Doc" and Barbara Thomson of Reno, Nevada has about every possible mod ever dreamed up. With the closed door up there, the V berth has a shower and drain in the floor and the floor is fitted so that the water from the shower is contained.
~Bilbo
Jim Bailey
Hesperia, California

Boat Name: Sailing Free

Model/Year: C-22 1973

Hull No. 2371

Hailing Port: Dana Point, California
12/15/2005 9:31 AM Pacific Time

Thanks Bilbo...

I have seen pics of the BOAT and I like the idea so much I plan on doing the same modification to my boat "Sailing Free" The V Berth would be better used for us by turning it into a Potty, Shower, Sink, Medicine Cabinet area and the front of the area of sail and equiptment storage, also maybe open an area of anchor chain and roade like some of the boats I've seen. I will make a full or queen size sleeping area in the dinnette area by making boards that extend from the dinnette to the starboard seating araa there. Thanks ... Happy Sailing

Boat Name:

Model/Year: catalina 22'

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
08/19/2013 6:13 PM Pacific Time

On the starboard side in the bow about every 3 inches is like water stain or something going down about 2 inches. It is only in the bow on the starboard side.

Cabin
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / V berth/head - main cabin