Standing Rigging / Spars

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Standing Rigging / Spars / Whisker Pole

Author Whisker Pole
Stephen Brown
Chandler, AZ

Boat Name: "Mama T"

Model/Year: Catalina 22 - 1974

Hull No. 3300

Hailing Port: Arizona
01/11/2004 8:24 PM Pacific Time

I purchased a whisker pole for racing and now that I have it ready to go I'm looking for suggestions on how to store it when not in use. Obviously one could stow it below between uses but it doesn't seem very handy. Surveying
the deck I haven't come up with any arrangement where it wouldn't be in the way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
'74 #3300
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
01/13/2004 11:04 AM Pacific Time

Sterphen - There are several ways to "store" the pole, depending on whether you are sailing or putting the boat to bed after sailing.. On Jagged Edge, I have two cam cleats mounted at the aft edge of the cabin top for the spinnaker pole foreguy and topping lift. I tied a short piece of 1/4 inch line between the line guides on each. If we are planning to use the whisker pole while sailing, one end of the pole is clipped to the line and the pole extends foreward inside the shrouds to the bow pulpit. I make sure the genoa sheet is routed over the pole. The pole is stowed in the quarter berth when we secure from sailing..

Standing Rigging / Spars
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Standing Rigging / Spars / Whisker Pole