Sails

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Sails / Roller Furling Joiners...

Author Roller Furling Joiners...
James
Stamford, CT

Boat Name: "C" Student

Model/Year: 1987

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Stamford
04/11/2005 11:12 AM Pacific Time

Hi guys, My roller furling was attached in sections by these white joiners. When I took the sail off, i noticed some were in bad shape, and breaking, so I decided to replace them. The only problem is that I can't find anywhere that sells them. They were plastic joiners, allowing a steel cable to run through them. Does anyone know where i can find something like this, or do I have to go to a sailmaker or the like? Thanks!

James
Bayard Gross
Greenwich, CT

Boat Name: Baby Blue

Model/Year: 1981

Hull No. 9911

Hailing Port: Greenwich, CT
04/11/2005 6:52 PM Pacific Time

James:

I am having trouble understanding your problem.

If you are refering to the furler mechanism, or more specifically the furler extrusion, I think you need only contact the manufacturer.

Otherwise, I think you might be refering to something on the sail which by one manufactuer is called a Kiwi Slide:

http://www.anzam.com/rr_index_003.htm

Have you tried Hathaway's? But note, I think they close around 12 PM on Saturday.

I live next door to you in Greenwich.
James
Stamford, CT

Hull No.

04/12/2005 5:11 AM Pacific Time

I'm referring to the furler extrusion. It was joined by these plastic pieces, some of which were broken. No idea what they are called, otherwise it might be easier to find them. I'll try the local sailmaker here and West Marine to see if they can help point me in the right direction. thanks!
Richard Byrd
Canyon Lake Tx

Boat Name: Byrd's Nest

Model/Year: Swiung '82

Hull No. 10810

Hailing Port: Canyon Lake Tx
04/12/2005 5:39 AM Pacific Time

James, If your unit is an older CDI (Reefer) system with the jointed aluminum extrusions you might find the couplings at their site. www.sailcdi.com . I think they have some spare parts
James
Stamford, CT

Hull No.

04/14/2005 11:45 AM Pacific Time

Richard, I called tech support, and the guy said it was from CDI. Thanks for the info, hopefully they have some of these parts left.

Sails
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Sails / Roller Furling Joiners...