Electrical

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Electrical connections to the mast

Author Electrical connections to the mast
Ken Lee
Salt Spring Island BC Canada

Boat Name: Valhalla

Model/Year: C22

Hull No. 838

Hailing Port: Fulford Harbour
04/30/2005 9:59 PM Pacific Time

The Handbook says there is a wiring spot forward of the base of the mast. I can't find any evidence. Is it underneath the mast bracket?? Help

Ken Lee
Bob Endicott
Fleet 77- Ft. Walton Beach, FL

Boat Name: Tequila Sunset

Model/Year: 1985

Hull No. 12759

Hailing Port: Ft. Walton Beach, FL
05/01/2005 5:17 AM Pacific Time

Ken,
If your sail number is accurate, you've got a pretty old one there. Mast wiring was optional on the older boats. If yours was ordered without it, the wiring should still be in the cabin top, available for use. There should be a small smooth circle on the cabin top a few inches to the LEFT of the mast step. I believe there is even a little dimple in its center. There is a small hollow area under the skin there where your wires should await. If you drill carefully with a hole cutter sized for the deck-mounted electrical connector you've chosen (Don't drill your wires or through the cabin overhead), you should be able to fish the wires out, make the connections and bed the connector down without much trouble.
Bob
Ken Lee
Salt Spring Island BC Canada

Boat Name: Valhalla

Model/Year: C22

Hull No. 838

Hailing Port: Fulford Harbour
05/01/2005 12:48 PM Pacific Time

Thanks to everyone for yourswift and informative advice. I am terribly impressed. I just knew there had to be something special about C22 owvers

Ken Lee
SaltSpring Island
BC Canada
Dick Reynolds
Lebanon, Oregon

Boat Name: Catnip

Model/Year: Swing Keel / 1974

Hull No. 4570

Hailing Port: Newport, Oregon
05/02/2005 2:02 PM Pacific Time

Ken, It's nice to hear from someone who lives in paradise. About as close as I get to your island is to pass by on the ferry.

Electrical
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Electrical connections to the mast