Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / C-22 AC

Author C-22 AC
Dwayne Guidry
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1983 Catalina 22

Hull No. CTYH1458M83

Hailing Port: Lake Arthur La.
05/28/2005 5:37 AM Pacific Time

I have a small window unit AC. I would like to cool the cabin while at the dock.Has anyone ever used one on a C-22. I was thinking about putting it in the forward hatch but I would need to build some kind of duct for it to blow into the cabin. Any suggestions and or pictures?

Thanks
Dwayne
Dwayne Guidry
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Boat Name:

Hull No. CTYH1458M83

06/10/2005 9:33 AM Pacific Time

I have a small window unit AC. I would like to cool the cabin while at the dock.Has anyone ever used one on a C-22. I was thinking about putting it in the forward hatch but I would need to build some kind of duct for it to blow into the cabin. Any suggestions and or pictures?

Thanks
Dwayne
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Boat Name: SWIZZLE STICK

Model/Year: 1990 C22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: FELLSMERE, FLORIDA
06/11/2005 12:09 AM Pacific Time

A friend of mine has a rather interesting and effective way of adapting a home window a/c unit to use on his 35ft Allied Seabreeze. You could do it almost as easily on a C22. In the forward side of the starboard cockpit locker there is a wooden bulkhead separating the locker from the bunk under the starboard side of the cockpit. This bulkhead is just attached with screws. Remove the bulk head and save it. Cut another piece of plywood to fit the opening but also cut a square hole in it the size of a small window a/c unit. Install the plywood and the a/c unit. Whenever using the unit at the dock just secure the locker lid open to allow ventilation of the backside of the unit to the fresh outside air. You might have to rig a container or drain to collect the condensation. You should be able to turn your C22 into a refrigerator by doing this.
Dwayne Guidry
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

Boat Name:

Hull No. CTYH1458M83

06/11/2005 7:04 AM Pacific Time

Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try when I get back to the boat.
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
06/12/2005 6:19 AM Pacific Time

Where is the battery located??

There is now way I could do that on mine with the standard battery location.
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Boat Name: SWIZZLE STICK

Model/Year: 1990 C22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: FELLSMERE, FLORIDA
06/12/2005 8:08 PM Pacific Time

You are right --- the battery would need to be moved but there a many places that you could put it where it would be more in the center of the boat anyway.

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / C-22 AC