Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller / Bolstering the transom with mechanical connections?

Author Bolstering the transom with mechanical connections?

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
07/07/2005 10:05 AM Pacific Time

In the same way that the force of the forestay pulling on the bow stem is transferred to the bow eyebolt with rods and turnbuckle, has anyone done something similar for the transom?

For example: glassing in fillets (with eyebolts fixed to them) on the inner surface of the cockpit liner, hull (inner bottom and inner side). Then running rod(s) or swaged cable(s) with turnbuckles to the motor mount bolts.

I hope I have expressed myself enough for some of you to get the idea of what I am asking. Maybe an engineering type can express it more eloquently.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
07/07/2005 10:16 AM Pacific Time

BTW, this is on a 1980 C22 #9434 "Diamond Sail"

This was my first post, and, I could not see how to enter the name etc. to that area on the left side. Thanks!!

George Thorpe/Cochran, GA
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
07/08/2005 4:08 AM Pacific Time

To enter or edit your profile, CLICK on Clubhouse Forum on the left side of the screen and then CLICK on Edit My Profile at the top of the next screen.

Tying down the eye bolts through the top of the transom is not necessary. I doubt you would have enough room to do so anyway.

Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Hull / Keel / Rudder / Tiller / Bolstering the transom with mechanical connections?