Navigation

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Navigation / Garmin GPS76

Author Garmin GPS76
Keith Gattozzi
Dennis MA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1977 22 Catalina

Hull No.

Hailing Port: West Dennis MA
08/25/2005 11:57 AM Pacific Time

Dont get the 1 meg version of this GPS. You can not download mapsource and it is useless. You can use it go track your travel from point a to point b and back but that is it. If you are going to get a GPS76 get the 8 meg version . you can download mapsource which includes nagivational information .

Keith
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
08/26/2005 4:50 AM Pacific Time

I have a Garmin Map76 for sale. This unit has eight megabytes of internal user memory for storing optional MapSource data— detailed maps, including marine cartography. This memory is preloaded from the factory with worldwide cities (populations greater than 200,000) and nautical navigation aids such as lights, buoys, sound signals and day beacons. The GPSMAP 76 is also preloaded with tide data for the United States.

I will include a serial data cable for connecting to your computer for downloading Mapsource information.

The unit has been so little used I may have trouble finding all the documentation for it. I will send what I can find. However, the documentation is also available to download from garmin.com

I am asking $150 plus shipping (aprox $10). That is a lower than you can find on EBay or Bizrate. Contact me at romeo tango kilo juliet romeo at bellsouth.net.

Navigation
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Navigation / Garmin GPS76