Cruising Issues

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Issues / Planned Cruise Announcements:

Author Planned Cruise Announcements:
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Boat Name: SWIZZLE STICK

Model/Year: 1990 C22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: FELLSMERE, FLORIDA
02/09/2006 11:45 PM Pacific Time

I would like to start a new thread where C22 sailors could post announcements concerning upcoming planned cruises. These cruises could be very organized official cruises, such as the C22 National Cruises, or just informal cruises planned by individuals who would enjoy the company of others. Try to make the information in the posting as comprehensive as possible (include dates; specific location; a brief description of the cruise; and a possible contact person for more information). Many of us are already planning our warmer weather schedules so if you would like to share your sailing experiences please post your information as soon as possible.
Sincerely, Philip & Sharon Merlier "Swizzle Stick" Fellsmere, Florida
Ole RB
33.6583N 82.2185W

Boat Name: "Water Toy"

Model/Year: 1990 - WK

Hull No. 15110

Hailing Port: Lake Thurmond GA
02/10/2006 7:48 AM Pacific Time

Contratulations on your new assignment with the C22 National Association as announced in the latest issue of Main Brace.

I feel that association organized and supported events are a great undertaking. It creates more interest in the sailing community; especially for a particular boat design such as the Catalina 22.

Best wishes go out Trish and Bob Endicott in their retirement and adventures in their newly found freedom. And a great big thanks for all the great articles.

Hobie Davidson
Titusville, Fl.

Boat Name: For Sail

Model/Year: 1977

Hull No. 6993

Hailing Port: Titusville
02/11/2006 3:04 PM Pacific Time

Interesting, I'm all about a weeks cruise somewhere and will be checking back for more info.
Hobie
Kent Overbeck
Signal Mountain, TN

Boat Name: Leap Frog & FrogZilla

Model/Year: '88 Wing keel / '69 swing

Hull No. 14647 / 185

Hailing Port: Chattanooga, TN
02/13/2006 3:27 PM Pacific Time

Philip& Sharon, Great idea! There are only so many week long cruises that we think of as "C-22 National Cruises". I know there are many more weekend or three day weekend cruises going on that many would like to know about. This this is a great site to coordinate all of them. I only wish that I had thought of it.

Kent Overbeck, National Cruise Captain
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Hull No.

02/14/2006 12:37 AM Pacific Time

The 2006 Northern Gulf Coast Cruise AND MORE: This year the Northern Gulf Coast Cruise will be May 13 - 19th. The website with all the information is: http://members.cox.net/c22fleet77/ I strongly recommend this cruise to anyone who has ever considered joining a group cruise. This is a well organized cruise with a lot of very nice real sailors and it takes place in a beautiful environment. The area is protected yet you still feel like your are out in nature.
"AND MORE": Sharon & I will be arriving in the area of the Northern Gulf Coast Cruise two weeks early this year (about April 29 - May 12th).. We plan to sail East from the Ft Walton Beach area for about a week and then return the second week so that we can join the official cruise. We will be exploring what nature has to offer and will be anchoring out the entire time. Anyone who is interested is welcome to join us. You may contact us at: Basecamp97 at yahoo.com
Greg Baker
Charlotte, NC

Boat Name: Sea Sharp Minor

Model/Year: Catalina 22 - 1984 - Swing Keel

Hull No. 11823

Hailing Port: Lake Norman Sailing Club
02/14/2006 7:16 AM Pacific Time

It looks like I have been appointed Cruse Officer for the new C22 Fleet 144 on Lake Norman, NC. We are learning as we go but have a day cruise planned for Sat, Apr 29th and an overnight cruise planned for Sat/Sun June 3rd & 4th. More details later.
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
02/22/2006 8:53 PM Pacific Time

Fleet 54 is going to host the West Coast 2006 National Cruise to the Sunshine Coast of B.C. Our destination will be Princess Louisa National Park, B.C. The dates are August 11th to August 27th, so mark your calendars. We haven’t been there since 1988 in our 1987 C22 wing keel Forutoo #14644 with Fleet 54 and Fleet 6 members. I’ll never forget the best fish and chips I ever had was at Egmont B.C. which is the stepping off point (last place to get ice/wash clothes) before heading to Princess Louisa Inlet. We plan to trailer from Nevada City on August 11th and launch on the 13th at a marina near Fisherman’s Cove or Eagle Harbor. We will probably depart from there on Monday the 14th and head North by harbor hopping. I will be preparing a cruising sheet of pertinent information for the trip. If you are interested, give me a call at 530-470-0511 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Lynn Buchanan, #2431
Sailynn
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Hull No.

03/06/2006 5:13 PM Pacific Time

Anyone interested in the 2006 Northern Gulf Coast Cruise should consult the excellent web site at: http://members.cox.net/c22fleet77/ It has all the information and more.
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Hull No.

03/18/2006 4:26 AM Pacific Time

Fleet 10 National Cruise on the Chesapeake: June 24 - July 1. Excellent cruise. Everyone usually stays in a marina every other night. Reservations must be in by March 30. Contact: Alice Camacci - aa.camacci at comcast.net
Greg Baker
Charlotte, NC

Boat Name: Sea Sharp Minor

Model/Year: Catalina 22 - 1984 - Swing Keel

Hull No. 11823

Hailing Port: Lake Norman Sailing Club
03/19/2006 6:50 AM Pacific Time

This is maybe pushing the definition of "cruise" a bit but the fledgling new C22 Fleet 144 on Lake Norman, NC is planning a day sail on Sat, Apr 29th and an overnight sail on Sat/Sun, June 17th & 18th. The destinations will be decided shortly before the events but both will start at the Lake Norman Sailing Club at 10AM. More info is on the fleet website at: http://secondwindmusic.com/F144/

Any tips from seasoned cruise organizers are welcome.

Greg Baker - Cruise Officer
Randy Carie
West Lafayette, IN

Boat Name: Randa Sue

Model/Year: C22/1981

Hull No. 10317

Hailing Port: Lafayette Sailing Club
01/13/2008 6:14 AM Pacific Time

This thread has been reposted to get exposure.

Announcing the 2008 Winter Cruise by Randy Carie

Think about it. Do you ever use that expensive foul weather gear that you have? Here is your chance, maybe. It's the Mid-West! Temperatures have been in the 60s, 50s, and 30s the past three years that I have been over there this time of year.

It's important to plan ahead. Confirm your vehicle and trailer are ready, get the weekend off, arrange for crew, make plans to put boat equipment back on the boat, stock provision as needed.

The only thing that will cancel the Winter Cruise is Snow or Ice on the road!

“The 2008 Winter Cruise is set for March 14-18, Friday-Tuesday, on Lake Carlyle, IL. Lake Carlyle is the largest man made lake in Illinois, boast 26,000 acres of water, is home to 3 modern marinas, and 3 Yacht Clubs. We’ll be at the West Access Marina, Carlyle, IL. The marina amenities include a very nice clubhouse, electricity on the docks, marine store, plenty of parking, etc. Slip rental for transient sailors is $1.00 per foot. If you have a current Boat/US membership, there is a 25% discount or if you stay at one of the local hotels, you can have a 50% discount. Please reply to Randy Carie 765-497-7976, or [email protected] to learn more.
Go to www.westaccess.com to learn more about this marina and Lake Carlyle

This cruise is being planned in conjunction with my local Lafayette Sailing Club and the C25 National Association, Nothin' but fun!

Randy Carie
Sailing out of Indiana
C25 #5947
C22 #10317
Louis Plaisance
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA

Boat Name: Saint Benedict

Model/Year: C22/1988

Hull No. 14686

Hailing Port: Lake PONTCHARTRAIN, LA
01/14/2008 6:36 AM Pacific Time

Hello Randy,
I hope you will consider maintaining a log of the cruise for publication in the MainBrace. As cruising editors, Donna and I would love to assist you in developing a final draft prior to publication. At your earliest convenience, please contact us offlist at:
[email protected]

Louis and Donna Plaisance
Technical Editor - Cruising
MainBrace
Randy Carie
West Lafayette, IN

Hull No. 10317

03/04/2008 11:00 AM Pacific Time

The Mid-West Winter Cruise is still on. Hope to see you there! It's better to be ready and not go than to go and not be ready.
Randy
Randy Carie
West Lafayette, IN

Hull No. 10317

03/04/2008 11:00 AM Pacific Time

The Mid-West Winter Cruise is still on. Hope to see you there! It's better to be ready and not go than to go and not be ready.
Randy

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
03/05/2008 5:58 AM Pacific Time

Hello all,

Thanks to Randy for brining this thread back alive. Fleet 10 on the Chesapeake is planning a week long druise starting Saturday June 14, 2008 until Saturday June 22 in the Chester River and the Bay area just above the US Rte 50 Bay Bridge. Anyone interested in info can contact me at tombeaumont at hotmail.com and I will get you in touch with the planners.

Good luck to the winter cruisers!!

Tom
Quixotic, #7555
Robert Donehoo
Duluth Ga

Boat Name: Shady Deal

Model/Year: Catalina 22 1979

Hull No. 8940

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Ga
12/07/2010 10:48 AM Pacific Time

The Northern Gulf Coast Cruise is being planned already. The dates will be finalized soon. Watch for the dates in the C22 national calender soon. Always fun and adventure. A great cruise for the first time cruiser.

Cruising Issues
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Issues / Planned Cruise Announcements: