Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / SS material available

Author SS material available
Artur Piotrowski
Burlington, Ct

Boat Name: Spirit

Model/Year: C22 1986

Hull No. 13485

Hailing Port: Bantam, Ct
03/24/2006 1:06 PM Pacific Time

Hi folks. This one will be an unusual topic on this forum.
We have a GE fridge (just a regular kitchen model) with SS doors that had to be
replaced under the contract. Repair was done and I ended up with 2, old, SS doors. They don't look old at all and I was wondering if there is any use for the stainless steel covering. I'm not sure about its thickness or grade but it must be worth something to somebody and just don't want to throw it away. Let me know if can think of any use or if you want it. Thanks.

"Spirit" #13485
Al Gearing
Burleson, Texas

Boat Name: Torch of Freedom

Model/Year: C-22 '76

Hull No. 6448

Hailing Port: Arlington YC
03/25/2006 5:18 AM Pacific Time

I would sure save those sheets of SS, I always find uses for it. Wish you were closer to Texas.
Al Ge
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
03/25/2006 12:29 PM Pacific Time

would make a great work table covering. wish i was closer too!
Artur Piotrowski
Burlington, Ct

Boat Name: Spirit

Model/Year: C22 1986

Hull No. 13485

Hailing Port: Bantam, Ct
03/28/2006 5:36 AM Pacific Time

Thanks for your input. I will save whatever I can for later.

-Art
BElwell
Hobe Sound Fl

Boat Name: Triesta

Model/Year: 1982

Hull No. 10530

Hailing Port: Stuart, Fl
03/28/2006 9:45 AM Pacific Time

What material are people using for the shear pin on the kick up rudder?

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
03/29/2006 6:30 AM Pacific Time

I use a #2 lead pencil into a piece about four or five inches long. I whittled the pencil down so that it would go through the hole in the rudder and stick out about an inch on each side. I then wrapped a rubber band around each end to keep it from working its way out. It's lasted a year and a half. I have had to replace the rubber bands. Not elegant, but functional.

I suppose that if one were concerned about the breaking strength of the #2 lead pencil that one could use a #3 lead pencil. I understand #3s are made from "softer" lead and I guess would break easier in the event of a grounding. Ha!

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / SS material available