Running Rigging

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / minsheet and tiller contact

Author minsheet and tiller contact
greg klein
hotsprings, arkansas

Boat Name: elena

Model/Year: 1977 c27

Hull No. 3477

Hailing Port: brady mountain marina,lake ouacita
05/29/2006 9:23 PM Pacific Time

when my mainsheet is loose my block falls and bangs up on the tiller. is my rig wrong, does anyone else have this problem. it has chewed up my pretty new tiller in between the tiller brackets. any suggestions
Glenn Warner
Jacksonville Florida

Boat Name: Goblin/JuJu

Model/Year: 1981/1972

Hull No. 10369/1222

Hailing Port: Jacksonville Florida
05/30/2006 3:20 AM Pacific Time

Several of the racers down here use a bunbie from the back stay to their mainsheet. I don't know what your main sheet set up is and if you could adapt this but it seems to work, lifting the main sheet up when lightly loaded and not effecting it when it is loaded.

Glenn
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
05/30/2006 4:44 AM Pacific Time

Greg - Send me you email address and I will send ou a photo of what Glenn is talking about. My address is (phonetics) romeo tango kilo juliet romeo at bellsouth.net.
greg klein
hotsprings, arkansas

Hull No. 3477

05/30/2006 7:25 PM Pacific Time

dick, i am at [email protected]
Austin Cooley
Honeoye Falls, NY

Boat Name: Wings of the Morning

Model/Year: Catalina 22, 1983

Hull No. 11602

Hailing Port: Keuka Lake, Branchport, NY
06/01/2006 1:54 PM Pacific Time

I solved the problem with a short piece of line that fits through the hollow shaft of the lower mainsheet block. It's just long enough to tie into a loop that clears the mainsheet block and line. A small bungee is attached to this and goes up to the stern rail. Any kind of bungee would do, but mine is the kind with a loop in one end and a wooden keeper at the other. Total length about a foot. I had considered protedting the tiller with a piece of split Tygon tubing but this was easier.
greg klein
hotsprings, arkansas

Hull No. 3477

06/04/2006 1:13 PM Pacific Time

austin, thanks for the idea, i tried it and it work great

Running Rigging
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / minsheet and tiller contact