Running Rigging

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / Rigging

Author Rigging
connie
marion, ma

Boat Name: polliwog

Model/Year: 1973 swing keel

Hull No. 2599

Hailing Port: marion, ma
06/05/2006 10:32 AM Pacific Time

I am a new owner of an old Catalina. I am a novice sailor and am having a hard time figuring out where things go. In particular, I cannot seem to figure out how to attach the boom, 8:1 blocks to the stern pulpit. Can anyone help me or send a good photo?
paul osborne
Lima NY

Boat Name: Emy Lyn II

Model/Year: 1984

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Rochester
06/05/2006 11:20 AM Pacific Time

Connie, Hi, you are at the right place. A bit confused , the boom main is norm
a 3: 1 or 4:1 and is attached to the travler, the bar just above the tiller.
connie
marion, ma

Boat Name: polliwog

Model/Year: 1973 swing keel

Hull No. 2599

Hailing Port: marion, ma
06/05/2006 7:14 PM Pacific Time

Paul-
I am used to sailing on a J 24. After I read your message, I went down to the boat and saw that the ratio is not 8:1, but 4:1. I Used the bar on the stern pulpit. I think that is what you meant. Thanks for replying. The main sheets look a little crooked. Is this OK? Any chance of a photo of your rig?
paul osborne
Lima NY

Boat Name: Emy Lyn II

Model/Year: 1984

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Rochester
06/06/2006 5:24 AM Pacific Time

Connie, if you go to Chip Ford's page there are a lot of pics of his boat and the main sheet and the traveler. http://www.chipford.com/index.htm
Stefan Damstrom

Boat Name: Delfina sold!

Model/Year: C22mK2 / 1987

Hull No. 14306 sold :-(

Hailing Port:
06/06/2006 11:35 AM Pacific Time

Also worth seeing is Dale Mack's update at : http://catalina22fleet20.home.comcast.net/news/rpts/200009/200009.htm#DoubleEndedMainsheet

Bill Reed
Palm Desert/San Pedro, CA

Boat Name: Makai

Model/Year: 27/1979

Hull No.

Hailing Port: San Pedro, CA
05/27/2008 11:04 AM Pacific Time

I'm still unsure if this is the way into a discussion, but I have a problem and cannot reach the tech support people live.
Please forgive me if this is the wrong way.

Hello everyone,

my first time in a msg board, ever. I have a '79 Catalina 27 in very nice shape, except for some of the running rigging, which for the most part is in really great shape, except for the MAINSHEET TRAVELER CAR.
The car istself is also in like new condition, except for the (nylon?) rollers (wheels) that keep it on the track. Sorry if I'm not using the right terms here.
I've been to Catalina (Marina Del Rey, the co.) and they do not have any suggestions. I went to Minnes, in Newport Beach, Ca and they did not have a replacement either.
I did notice the wheels look like they come off and might be able to be replaced.
Any suggestions? This is the only thing keeping me from leaving the slip (under sail).
Thanks in advance,
Bill
PS: if anyone has an Atomic 4 gas engine, I just rebuilt mine and I would be happy to help anyone considering or already doing the same.

Phil Trotter
Norman, Oklahoma

Boat Name: Barchetta

Model/Year: 1972

Hull No. 597

Hailing Port: Back Yard
05/27/2008 12:40 PM Pacific Time

Bill....If Catalina Direct doesn't have them, check with Defender.com for sheaves (the nylon wheels in your traveler car).

Running Rigging
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / Rigging