Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / bimini tops

Author bimini tops
greg klein
hotsprings, arkansas

Boat Name: elena

Model/Year: 1977 c27

Hull No. 3477

Hailing Port: brady mountain marina,lake ouacita
06/11/2006 7:32 PM Pacific Time

has anyone ever made their own bimini for their c22. i was going to buy one but just wondered if there were any unique-is that spelled correctly- designs in shape, fabrics or hardware out there.
Greg Guenther
Belleville, IL

Boat Name: Magnificat

Model/Year: 1970

Hull No. 473

Hailing Port: Belleville, IL
06/12/2006 6:33 AM Pacific Time

Hi Greg,

We looked at making a bimini for our boat and once I priced the material and looked closely at the one that was on her we decided that at the most we would save about $100 and buy ourselves a lot of work. I just ordered one from West Marine and am very happy with that decision. One thing I could have wished for was an extension aft to cover the rest of the cockpit. It would have to be designed somehow to accomodate the backstay and mainsheet. I looked at it for awhile and gave up. I have lots of other things to do righ now.

Greg
Louis Plaisance
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA

Boat Name: Saint Benedict

Model/Year: C22/1988

Hull No. 14686

Hailing Port: Lake PONTCHARTRAIN, LA
06/12/2006 8:40 PM Pacific Time

Hello Greg/greg,

I have been using my homemade bimini for almost four years now. I works just as I want it to. Not so big as to get in the way of agressive sailing and big enough to provide lots of shade. It is posted on Skip Meisch's web page at:

http://www.slowflight.net/upgrades/lp/louis-plaisance.html
Glenn Phillips
Sudbury Ontario Canada

Boat Name: Barely A Wake

Model/Year: 1974

Hull No. 3699

Hailing Port: Spanish Ontario
04/13/2007 12:03 PM Pacific Time

Hi Greg
The previous owner of our C22 installed a dodger, bimini and complete camper enclosure. It is great. E-mail me and I can send you pictures.
chris Dube
mansfield Texas

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1977

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Joe Pool Lake.
04/13/2007 1:16 PM Pacific Time

Hi glenn, Could you also send me a few pictures of your dodger?

My email is, [email protected]

thanks
_Chris..

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / bimini tops