Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Who knows my Catalina 22??

Author Who knows my Catalina 22??
Jean Marie
La Rochelle France

Boat Name: Sunrise

Model/Year: 1979 C22

Hull No. 8982

Hailing Port: La Rochelle
10/02/2006 12:48 PM Pacific Time

Hello!

I'm happy to find this discussion area, I explain you : I've bought a 1979 Catalina 22 four years ago with my father and my brother. IShe's been imported in france as she was about 20 years old, she had an other owner in France before me. This man re-called the boat "Sunrise" but i'd like to give the C22 her original name.
I can read on the transom plate something like "Amy Lou" or "Mary Lou". The boat was sailing in florida, her registration number was FL 4829 EJ, thi is the hull 8982.

Does someone knows this boat? Tell me about it if you know this boat or if you heard about it! Thanks a lot! Jean Marie
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
10/03/2006 4:43 AM Pacific Time

Jean Marie, welcome to our discussion group. There is another list for C-22's, and they have some people who are quite familiar with hull numbers. You can go to chipford.com and join that group also. Their membership include owners from Australia, England and Holland.

You can also get some help from Catalina Yachts. Many years ago I needed a drawing of the keel mechanism. In their answer they included the original factory invoice for the boat to its dealer. They are at catalinayachts.com.

You might also try the state of Florida. Explain what you are trying to accomplish and they may help by providing that limited piece of information. We have a big deal in the states about privacy, but a boat name would not be too much information.

Good luck in your search.
Willie Blevins
Longwood Florida

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No. 216

Hailing Port:
10/03/2006 5:40 AM Pacific Time

Jean Marie, I think I know this boat but I do not have very much information about it.
A friend of mine bought it from the backyard of someone in Orlando. A local dealership called The Sailing Store (now out of business) asked me if I knew of a boat for sale because he had a buyer in France. They made a deal and then hired me to deliver the boat to Jacksonville to be put in a container and shipped to France. Sorry I don't have any more information about the name.
Jean Marie
La Rochelle France

Hull No. 8982

10/03/2006 11:48 PM Pacific Time

Hello!

First of all, thanks to RC Luiken for answering.
That's amzing Willie, I think the boat you delivered in Jacksonville is mine!
Do you know the previous owner in the USA? Could you get more details about the boat please? (condition when she left the USA, previous name, harbour)
She was really not in good condition when I bought her in 2002... She's much better now. I'll be able to send some pictures, I'll put it in the water at the end of the week.
This boat has a really unique story!

Thanks a lot. Jean Marie
Jean Marie
La Rochelle France

Hull No. 8982

10/03/2006 11:52 PM Pacific Time

Excuse me here is my e-mail : jm_clemenceau=yahoo.fr
(please change the = by @)
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
10/04/2006 3:54 AM Pacific Time

Willie, a couple of months ago there was a thread on Chip Ford's site about someone who wanted to containerize a C-22. Are you on that list?
steve smith
rothesay nb canada

Boat Name: all hours

Model/Year: 1975?

Hull No. 4928

Hailing Port: rothesay yacht club
10/07/2006 5:46 AM Pacific Time

2 cents worth......the original name was given for personal reasons what ever they may be...loved one etc.??since the boat has been restored by you why not make your own with a personal touch??

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Who knows my Catalina 22??