Racing

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Racing / Race around MS,AL,FL Gulf Coast?

Author Race around MS,AL,FL Gulf Coast?
Max Wike
Daphne AL

Boat Name: open

Model/Year: 1988

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Gulf Coast
02/26/2007 5:58 PM Pacific Time

I just bought a 1988 SK and would like to play with others.

I would like to get a monthly or bimonthly race/tune-up going, maybe meet at a local PHRF race. This does not have to be formal, I am just looking for some good times and learning is the name of the game. I spoke with both fleet captains in the area with not much luck. I haven't raced in years, but would like to get back into it.

sailwike at yahoo dot com
Take care and please pass the word to any other boats, who might be interested,

Max Wike

Louis Plaisance
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA

Boat Name: Saint Benedict

Model/Year: C22/1988

Hull No. 14686

Hailing Port: Lake PONTCHARTRAIN, LA
02/26/2007 6:51 PM Pacific Time

Hello Mike,

You might consider signing up for the Northern Gulf Coast Cruise, May 12 - 18. It is right in your back yard. We sail out of Fort Walton to Wolf Bay and back. Twenty/thirty boats, lots of fun, loads of expert advice. Beaty Purcell, who practically invented the C22, is always there.

Half of the fleet is actively racing. The other half just don't admit to it. Check out the C22 NSA site for more information.

ljp
Max Wike
Daphne AL

Boat Name: open

Model/Year: 1988

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Gulf Coast
02/26/2007 7:54 PM Pacific Time

Thank you for the reply and good ideas, e-mailed Beaty and asked for Fleet 77 schedule and have not heard back from her.
I wish I could make the NGCC trip, If it's ok I might try to find you guys on Sunday the 13th.
I have be making the rounds on the C22 web sites trying to learn all I can.
Have a safe trip,
Max

You might consider signing up for the Northern Gulf Coast Cruise, May 12 - 18. It is right in your back yard. We sail out of Fort Walton to Wolf Bay and back. Twenty/thirty boats, lots of fun, loads of expert advice. Beaty Purcell, who practically invented the C22, is always there.

Half of the fleet is actively racing. The other half just don't admit to it. Check out the C22 NSA site for more information.

Louis Plaisance
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA

Boat Name: Saint Benedict

Model/Year: C22/1988

Hull No. 14686

Hailing Port: Lake PONTCHARTRAIN, LA
02/27/2007 7:28 AM Pacific Time

Hello Mike,

It is typical for the local C22 sailors to join in or depart at various spots along the route. Get in touch with Mickey Lagarde on the fleet 77 site and check in with him.

ljp

Racing
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Racing / Race around MS,AL,FL Gulf Coast?