Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Parts Manual

Author Parts Manual
Billy Fender
Lexington, SC

Boat Name:

Model/Year: Cat 22, 1981

Hull No. 10081

Hailing Port: Lake Murray, Columbia, SC
11/05/2007 7:11 AM Pacific Time

I just bought my first Cat 22, a 1981 model. It has "Pieces" missing or broken that need fixing, but I'm just learning to Sail, and am not familiar with all the terms, names, etc yet. Is there anywhere I can find a detailed parts manual that will help in this area? It's hard to search for a part when you don't know what it's called.

thx
billy
Bob Conway
Huber Heights, Ohio

Boat Name: Spindrift

Model/Year: C22/1979

Hull No. #8717

Hailing Port: Buck Creek, Ohio
11/05/2007 8:31 AM Pacific Time

There are two places to look for the information you are asking about. There is the National Catalina22 Association which has brochures for the C22. There is a link on the Catalina Direct web site for this group. From a more generic aspect, any basic sailing book that you can get at your local book store will cover the parts of a sailboat and what they are called. For smaller parts not listed in either, try "the thing-a-ma-jig that attaches this to that" and looks like a "***". Someone will know and will gladly tell all the rest of us that don't. ;-)

Bob
Cathy Lee Brandstetter
Kenosha, WI

Boat Name: Aeolus

Model/Year: 1982 C22

Hull No. 11173

Hailing Port: Racine, WI
11/07/2007 11:25 AM Pacific Time

This wouldn't be fellow Toddfan, Billy Marsh, would it???

E me at cathyleeb AT aol DOT com

CLB, who also has a C22
Kenosha, WI

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Parts Manual