Cabin

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Privacy Curtain

Author Privacy Curtain
Carl Lang
Red Bluff, CA

Boat Name: NaiKun

Model/Year: 1977 Catalina 22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Whiskeytown Lake
04/28/2008 3:34 PM Pacific Time

Hey all! I'm new here and have a "new to me" C22. Here is what I'm looking for... I'm missing the privacy curtains for the v-birth. I know they are available on here but I'd be willing to make one if any of you have the dimensions for the stock one. Thanks!!! Carl
Bob Conway
Huber Heights, Ohio

Boat Name: Spindrift

Model/Year: C22/1979

Hull No. #8717

Hailing Port: Buck Creek, Ohio
04/28/2008 7:04 PM Pacific Time

Carl,

It will be expensive to install one like you would get from the factory. I bought an inexpensive curtain and an expanding curtain rod from Wal-Mart. I glued two brackets above the windows just behind the bulkhead to mount the curtain rod. It looks fine and cost just a few bucks to do. If the rod gets bent or the curtain torn, it's inexpensive to replace.

Bob
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
04/29/2008 6:29 AM Pacific Time

Carl, Bob is right about the cost and the alternative. I got short panels with tie-backs and hooks from Wally-World for about $8. One thing I did do was get what I think was called Airstream track at a cost of about $12 from my local RV dealer. The track comes with rollers that are sewn to the top of the curtain. The track is screwed into the head liner at 18" intervals. When not in use I use the tie-backs to hold them to the sides. Works like a charm and it is color coordinated to the boat interior, Such a slave to fashion I am!!!
Carl Lang
Red Bluff, CA

Boat Name: NaiKun

Model/Year: 1977 Catalina 22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Whiskeytown Lake
05/04/2008 9:18 PM Pacific Time

Great Idea's, Guys! Thanks for the info!
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
05/07/2008 2:06 PM Pacific Time

I took three stainless hooks and put on at each end and one in the center of the post. Then I took a bungee cord (a long one/or you could use two) and strechd it across the opening. I hang my wet flour sack dish towels across this and also use the towels as a privacy curtain.

Cabin
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cabin / Privacy Curtain