Standing Rigging / Spars

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Standing Rigging / Spars / New Stem Fitting and Uppers Chainplates Installations.

Author New Stem Fitting and Uppers Chainplates Installations.
Matthew Humphrey
Fajardo, PR

Boat Name: Way Gone

Model/Year: 1980

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
05/05/2008 6:47 AM Pacific Time

I have a 1980 Catalina 25.

I recently purchased a new Stem Fitting with Anchor Roller (#E1280), and Uppers Chainplates kit (#E1806) from CatalinaDirect. Neither of these kits came with instructions. I haven't begun the installation yet, but I have a couple questions about each.

1) For the Stem Fitting w/Anchor Roller. The bolts on the deck and the first bolt on the chainplate line up fine. But on this new stem fitting, it extends down much further than the original, and there are 2 bolt holes with a chainplate on this extension. What should this fasten to?

2) For the uppers chainplates, on the original the bolt holes are in a straight line down the plate. On the new kit, they are "zig-zagged". So obviously new holes would have to be drilled into the wooden bulk heads. What can I fill in the old bolt holes with in the wood?

Are there general recommended installations procedures available for CD Products?

Thank you

Matt
Mathew Zanze
Sutter Creek, CA

Boat Name: Knot On Call

Model/Year: Former C-22 Now C-250

Hull No. 66

Hailing Port: Sutter Creek, California
05/06/2008 4:37 PM Pacific Time

Check out this website http://www.catalina-capri-25s.org/

Standing Rigging / Spars
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Standing Rigging / Spars / New Stem Fitting and Uppers Chainplates Installations.