Plumbing

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Plumbing / Sink Drain - 1981 Cat 22

Author Sink Drain - 1981 Cat 22
Jeff Zinselmeyer
White Rock, British Columbia

Boat Name: Second Wind

Model/Year: 1983 C-22

Hull No. 10016

Hailing Port: Blaine Wa
06/30/2008 11:45 AM Pacific Time

Hey everybody, i have a 1981 cat 22 with the sliding galley. I think my sink drain is leaking when i use the sink, i looked underneath and i was surprised to see some sort of fiberglass funnel around the sink (the sink is actually not visible underneath) with a pipe coming out of it, then the hose to the thru hull. What is this all about? wouldn't it be simpler to have a hose connected directly to the sink drain?
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
07/01/2008 9:27 AM Pacific Time

Jeff, what you describe seems like it is the way it should be. The settee on the starboard side should have the funnel that you mentioned with a hose going to the same connector the cockpit drains use. When you slide the sink over the funnel to drain the sink it goes into the funnel and out the above hose. If you did what you said I believe you would lose the ability to slide the galley out of the way when it is not used.
Linda Hoffecker
Lancaster, PA

Boat Name: t/c

Model/Year: '82 Cat 22

Hull No. t/c

Hailing Port: Havre de Grace, MD
07/01/2008 11:08 PM Pacific Time

R.C., you are right on that!!

Plumbing
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Plumbing / Sink Drain - 1981 Cat 22