Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / New Catalina Owner with questions

Author New Catalina Owner with questions
Bill Burke
Plymouth, Mass

Boat Name: Irish Wake

Model/Year: Catalina 22, 1983

Hull No. 11499

Hailing Port: Plymouth, Mass
08/06/2008 9:09 PM Pacific Time

Hi all - I've been sailing for a few years - Flying Scotts and Cat boats. I just ran into a great deal on an '83 Catalina 22 and couldn't let it go. These forums have been an amazing help with fixes and upgrades as I get the boat back into shape. However, there's alot I need to become familar with re: the rigging and mast/boom/furler etc. I almost need someone to sit with me and go over all the attachments, stays, bolts etc to get organized, but also to inventory everything to make sure I have everything I need - How can I reach out to someone local who could do this (I'd even pay someone for a tutorial!!).
Bilbo
Youngstown, Ohio

Boat Name: Sea Dog

Model/Year: Catalina 22 1987

Hull No. 13971

Hailing Port: Andover, Ohio
08/07/2008 4:26 AM Pacific Time

Hi Bill, Welcome. I would check into Chip Ford. If not him...someone that he might know.
http://www.chipford.com/
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
08/07/2008 8:15 PM Pacific Time

Your hull number is most likely 11499 if it is a C22 year 1983. The HIN number on the transom most likely does not include the first "1".
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
08/07/2008 8:19 PM Pacific Time

I forgot to mention the C22 NSA has a tech manual and loads of information on the boat. Membership is just $27.50 per year and you will get a magazine dedicated to the C22. In addition lots of folks such as Skip, other people in your area and other fleets are highlighted on the national site at www.catalina22.org Also just about every nut an bolt as well of lots of extras are available from our host Catalina Direct via this website and their Catalog which is for sale.
Dave Cole
Middleboro, MA

Boat Name: Zephyr

Model/Year: 22' swing, 1973

Hull No. 2241

Hailing Port: Fairhaven, MA
08/15/2008 1:09 PM Pacific Time

Hi Bill,

I live in Middleboro, however this is my first year with the boat. I have been out a few times this summer so am still learning the "ropes". I did get that manual but this didn't really help me figuring out where to put all the lines and everything. I started out by rasing the mast and attaching everything when it was in my yard on the trailer. I do not have a furler on mine.

If you get desperate and lost about something, let me know. If you find an "expert", let me know as I may want to sit in and split any cost.

You can email me at davedavecole at verizon dot net.
David Torrisi
Santa Clara, CA

Boat Name: Dumbo

Model/Year: 1975 C-22

Hull No. 4330

Hailing Port: Santa Clara
08/15/2008 2:13 PM Pacific Time

Bill,
You may want to contact your local C22 Fleet. There's a list of fleets across the U.S. at http://www.catalina22.org/nsa/roster.htm It's the best way to connect with local C22 owners and get to know your boat. Most fleets are no cost or very low cost. Check it out!

David
ooJpiued
San Francisco

Boat Name: ooJpiued

Model/Year: 1967

Hull No. 1

Hailing Port: 80
08/03/2012 1:03 PM Pacific Time

Bill, I am no pro but I just finished a complete refurbish on mine (bow to stern, mast to keel) and might be able to help. Like you, it was an offer too good to pass up. Unfortunately I am on the Chesapeake and not in MA. However, if you have a specific question about how to rig it, or rebuild the furler, etc, I just did it all and may be able to assist over the blog. Up to you if you like...
Lue
Lue
Kent Island, Maryland

Boat Name: Knotty Girl

Model/Year: 1984

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Kent Island, MD
08/03/2012 1:03 PM Pacific Time

Bill, I am no pro but I just finished a complete refurbish on mine (bow to stern, mast to keel) and might be able to help. Like you, it was an offer too good to pass up. Unfortunately I am on the Chesapeake and not in MA. However, if you have a specific question about how to rig it, or rebuild the furler, etc, I just did it all and may be able to assist over the blog. Up to you if you like...
Lue

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / New Catalina Owner with questions