Steering chain and cable replacement for Catalinas equipped with Edson wheel steering using the typical pull-pull system and a "Radial Drive" steering quadrant. The cable / chain assembly is supplied complete with the connection between the chain and wire covered in clear shrink plastic to prevent fouling.
- Stainless steel roller chain
- Stainless steel cable
- 2 Stainless steel take-up eyes
- 2 Stainless steel wire rope thimbles
- 4 Stainless steel wire rope clamps
- Chain length: 1.5'
- Wire length: 2 @ 9' each
- Wire diameter: 3/16"
Typically used on these boats when equipped with Edson pedestal steering:
- Catalina 22 (trim wire to fit)
- Catalina 25 (trim wire to fit)
- Catalina 250 (trim wire to fit)
- Capri 26
- Catalina 27
- Catalina 30 (boats built after 1986 only need 7' of wire, so wire can be trimmed)
- Catalina 34
- Catalina 36
- Catalina 38
Caution: You must confirm your boat uses the two cable pull-pull system, not the single cable push-pull system used on some earlier boats. You must also confirm that the 9' of wire is adequate.
Order carefully! This is a special order part and is not returnable.