Sails

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Sails / Sail Dimensions

Author Sail Dimensions
Kip C
Cincinnati, Ohio

Boat Name: Knot Work / Quietude

Model/Year: '86 Cat 22 / '90 Cat 25

Hull No. 13358 / 6021

Hailing Port: Brookville Lake, Indiana
03/10/2004 4:52 PM Pacific Time

In my 1987 manual, the one I haven't been able to find, there is a sticker on the rigging page that gives the luff,foot and leach of all the sails, both hanked on and roller furled. Evidently, it was not on the manual scanned in for the web site. Could someone please let me know where I can get this info or email it to me. Thanks,
Kip
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
03/10/2004 5:17 PM Pacific Time

The dimensions of the Catalina 22 sails are contained in the paragraphs of the Measurement Certificate:
http://www.catalina22.org/nsa/DOCFiles/ClassRules.doc

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
04/24/2004 6:47 AM Pacific Time

This couldn't have come at a better time. I have a couple of sails from a prior boat/s that I am hoping may be used on my C22. I finally figured out how the roller furling can be used on this boat as it seems to be the only foresail that is really good. Thanks Dick, you must really keep up on many topics.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
04/24/2004 6:57 AM Pacific Time

I checked out the site that was suggested and got the measurements but have a further question. I have a brand new sail (never used) for a little Siren 17 which we owned for a while. The Luff = 16.58, Leech = 15.43, Foot = 10' I am not sure if I can even use it at all but if I can what would it compare to (roughly)? If I'd want to sell it I doubt if I'd get a whole lot for it and hate to loose in the deal.
Michael Smalter
Webster, NY

Boat Name: Marrakesh

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No. 13645

Hailing Port: Rochester, NY
04/25/2004 5:11 AM Pacific Time

The sail from the smaller boat is somewhere between a 80 and 100 (with a standard jib being a 110). The storm jib sold by Catalina Direct is a 50. The size of the small boat sail would make it useful in higher winds, but the sail material is probably much lighter than a storm jib, and eventually it would probably tear. However since it is "free", you don't have much to loose.

If you never sail in strong winds, then you could try to sell it on one of the used sail sites.
Paul David
Melbourne Australia

Boat Name: Reflections

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No. 13369

Hailing Port: Melbourne Australia
08/31/2006 11:11 PM Pacific Time

Could someone please give all the dimensions required for a racing spinnaker? It's for a fellow Boomaroo 22 owner here in Australia. I have found just the girth and I think foot dimensions.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Taylor
Myrtle Point, OR

Boat Name: Respite

Model/Year: C-22 1976

Hull No. 5431

Hailing Port: Coos Bay, OR
09/02/2006 9:33 AM Pacific Time

Class rules state:

a. Luff - 25 feet 10 inches (maximum)

b. Maximum Girth - 14 feet 5 inches

Sails
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Sails / Sail Dimensions