Anchoring

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Anchoring / Custom C-22 Stainless Anchor Roller

Author Custom C-22 Stainless Anchor Roller
Larry
Greenville, SC

Boat Name: Kemo Sabe

Model/Year: C-22 , 1973

Hull No. 2229

Hailing Port: www.keoweesailingclub.com
04/21/2009 9:03 AM Pacific Time

Catalina offers a stainless anchor roller.

http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=508

For coastal, single handed cruising, I use an 18 lb Danforth, with 10' of galvanized 5/8 chain. I have smaller sized one, but prefer the larger for extra holding security.

Do any of you have experience with this anchor roller? Do you think it would work with the anchor I use? If not, what would be the largerest anchor you use successfully with the anchor roller? I know tha "Chip Ahoy" uses it, or has??? I'll check out Chip's website to see what he says, too. Chip around?

Larry
Robert Donehoo
Duluth Ga

Boat Name: Shady Deal

Model/Year: Catalina 22 1979

Hull No. 8940

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Ga
12/16/2010 9:27 AM Pacific Time

I installed a CD anchor roller on my 86 cruising c22. The roller has 2 uses
1 is the anchor and rode is easier to pull up without scrubbing the rub rails.
2 we use it to raise and lower the mast using the trailer winch strap.
we did bend it up a little while launching. I drilled a hole in the starboard side
so an ss eye bolt can go all the way through to hold the forestay.cdfurler without putting the my fingers in the roller housing. Much easier

Anchoring
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Anchoring / Custom C-22 Stainless Anchor Roller