Trailers / Trailering

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / Trailer Lights

Author Trailer Lights
Joseph Washburn
Hampstead, NC

Boat Name: Disciple Ship

Model/Year: 1988 Catalina 22

Hull No. 14408

Hailing Port: Wilmington
03/20/2004 12:17 PM Pacific Time

The trailer for my 1988 Catalina 22 is equiped with Wesbar lights with the waterproof lightbulb assembly. They call it a sealed capsule. While trying to get ready for the first sail this year I tested the lights. The passenger side lights work while the driver side lights do not. When I removed the lens I noticed moisture, enough to form a couple of drops, on the lens and light bulbs. Since these are suppossed to be sealed, I assume this may be the problem and may simply need to replace the one sealed capsule. Any thoughts?

Joseph Washburn
"Disciple Ship"
1988 C-22
Wilmington, NC

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
04/10/2004 8:17 PM Pacific Time

I can't figure out what is meant by sealed light. I purchasedthe more expensive sealed lights and had the same moisture you mentioned in the lights after one use.
The lense had a rubber gasket but air access hole, go figure?

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
04/10/2004 8:17 PM Pacific Time

I can't figure out what is meant by sealed light. I purchased the more expensive sealed lights and had the same moisture you mentioned in the lights after one use.
The lense had a rubber gasket but air access hole, go figure?
Rick
North Carolina

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
07/24/2011 7:42 PM Pacific Time

I have a set of fancy LED lights from West Marine that I put on my trailer about a year ago.

On both lights about 1/2 of the LEDs are not lighting.

Are they replaceable? As anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Rick

Trailers / Trailering
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / Trailer Lights