Running Rigging

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / Outhaul/ Cunningham to cockpit

Author Outhaul/ Cunningham to cockpit
Patrick Brewer
Bloomington, IL

Boat Name: Drift Away

Model/Year: Capri 22/ 1997

Hull No. 795

Hailing Port: Island Bay Yacht Club
01/03/2011 9:39 AM Pacific Time

I want to run my outhaul out the boom, down the back of the mast, and then to either the starboard or port organizers, and then back to the cockpit. Has anyone done this? I want to do the same with my cunningham.
Mike Bracket
Clinton Twp, MI

Boat Name: Gunsmoke

Model/Year: 1979

Hull No. 9150

Hailing Port: Lake St Clair MI
01/04/2011 7:03 PM Pacific Time

Yes I have. simple cam cleat is all you need on the cockpit end. If you have an 8x1 inside the boom, you will have a lot of line to pull in order to move the clew in/out. And 8x1 really is overkill. 4x1 works fine. my poptop version is a bit difficult to cleat off because I put the cam cleat about half way back on the pop-top. it would work better if it was closer to the aft end. My turning block/deck organizer is on the deck so as the line leads out of the organizer and along the top of the pop-top to the cleat it rubs slightly on the front edge of the pop-top. Doesnt affect the operations or use. just not a good, fair lead.

Mike

Running Rigging
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / Outhaul/ Cunningham to cockpit