Anchoring

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Anchoring / Buying Second Anchor

Author Buying Second Anchor
Robert Wallace
Falkirk, Scotland

Boat Name: SeaHorse

Model/Year: ~1982

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Bo'ness, Scotland
09/26/2012 2:42 PM Pacific Time

Hi there, I'm new to C22s and new to this forum but hopefully I can benefit from your experiences! Among other things I would like to get a second anchor incase anything should befall the first (a 7kg plow with a good length of heavy chain and a long line attached that came with the boat) and to cope in any particularly bad conditions on the North Sea coast. Anyone got any ideas what would be best?
Ryan Graham
Douglasville, Ga.

Boat Name: Luana Cordelia

Model/Year: C22 1978

Hull No. 8587

Hailing Port: Douglasville, Ga (on the hard)
12/03/2012 2:17 PM Pacific Time

Hey Robert,
I had 2 - 8 lbs fluke anchors and 1 river anchor. But, last time I took her out I lost one of the flukes. I regularly needed both flukes, but I would use the river anchor when I just wanted to pull up to the beach on a low wind day. The fluke anchors work amazing in the sand and I used them in the keys and now in the Georgia lakes. I will upgrade to a heavier fluke when I replace the one I lost. The new anchor will act as my bow anchor at that point.

Anchoring
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Anchoring / Buying Second Anchor