Miscellaneous

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Wasps onboard

Author Wasps onboard
Mark Dauphinais
Harvest, AL

Boat Name: SoJourner

Model/Year: 1988

Hull No. 14412

Hailing Port: Rogersville, AL
04/09/2004 6:20 AM Pacific Time

Has anyone had any success in keeping wasps out of the cabin? It's that time of year, here in Alabama. I don't mind them outside the cabin, but they are a little too close for comfort when you have to go in the cabin.

Thanks,
Mark
Martin Henry
Moore, Oklahoma

Boat Name: Madness

Model/Year: 1989

Hull No. 14953

Hailing Port: Lake Thunderbird
04/18/2004 4:15 PM Pacific Time

Try a few moth balls ~ it keeps the Okie wasps at bay.
Alan Parker
Fresno, CA

Boat Name: Shadowfax

Model/Year: 22/1976

Hull No. 5990

Hailing Port: Friant Marina
07/13/2005 5:13 PM Pacific Time

I pressed in 3/8" braided line into the hatch vent. It not only has kept out wasps it seems to keep the cabin area much cleaner.
Paul Moore
Doylestown, PA

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
05/28/2006 9:02 AM Pacific Time

I found a good Spray - "Victor Poison Free Wasp and Hornet Killer" in the Hardware store.

8% mint oil and 1.0% Sodium Laure Sulfate - so it stops the bugs instantly - and leaves a nice scent. Warning - it has a powerfull stream spray - and splatters, but wipes up easily.

The can is aluminum so I leave in in a coaming and have handy as I open the boat up. (I am in Fresh Water - I do not reccomentd leavng out if you keep your boat in Salt. - But I beleive wasps are a litlle less of an issue in Salt..)

At this pont I see no reason to look any further,,,,
Linda Hoffecker
Lancaster, PA

Boat Name: t/c

Model/Year: '82 Cat 22

Hull No. t/c

Hailing Port: Havre de Grace, MD
05/29/2006 7:46 AM Pacific Time

Paul"

Maybe you are correct about the fresh water attracting wasps more than salt water ,but in Havre de Grace, they seem to love us, also!! Not bragging about that, though.

Miscellaneous
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Miscellaneous / Wasps onboard