Maintenance

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / Mast Light

Author Mast Light
Wayne Jones
McLeansville, NC

Boat Name: Lazy Days

Model/Year: C22, 1987

Hull No. CTYH4170D787

Hailing Port: Greensboro, NC
04/30/2004 11:56 AM Pacific Time

I recently purchased an 1987 C22, and need to replace the mast wiring. Can someone tell me how to get into anchor light? Thanks
Dave
West Bend, WI

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1988 C22

Hull No. #14447

Hailing Port: Oshkosh, WI
04/30/2004 12:36 PM Pacific Time

The lense/cover turns counter-clockwise (looking down on the top) about a quarter of an inch, then wiggle it as you lift it upwards to remove it. I just opened mine up yesterday to clean the bulb contacts. Be careful because the little locking "nubs" are only plastic. Turning it too far may break them off.
Michael Smalter
Webster, NY

Boat Name: Marrakesh

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No. 13645

Hailing Port: Rochester, NY
04/30/2004 3:03 PM Pacific Time

Before you replace the wiring, clean the contacts at both ends of the bulb, plus the pins in the deck plug. It doesn't take much oxidation to stop 12VDC.
Russ Milham
Lake Forest Park, WA

Boat Name: Griot

Model/Year: C-22 1981

Hull No. CTYH0492M811

Hailing Port: Kenmore Air Harbor
06/13/2004 5:44 PM Pacific Time

For anyone who's interested, I've published some details of my mast light mods to my webserver at:

http://rilinterface.com/leanto/mastlights/
Russ Milham
Lake Forest Park, WA

Boat Name: Griot

Model/Year: C-22 1981

Hull No. CTYH0492M811

Hailing Port: Kenmore Air Harbor
06/15/2004 11:34 PM Pacific Time

Reposting in hopes that, with a bit of editorial adjustment, I can make it into the forum digest.

For anyone who's interested, I've published some details of my mast light mods to my webserver at:

http://rilinterface.com/leanto/mastlights/

This is what I did to put new mast lights on my humble little boat, but you should buy Catalina Direct’s wiring harness and lights. They are way better than any cobbled up junk that I could slap together. I’m sure that what I built will break in no time and I will soon be ponying up a very fair price for some of CD’s great stuff.

Thank you CD, for hosting this outstanding forum!

Maintenance
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / Mast Light