Maintenance

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / Deck Paint

Author Deck Paint
Garrett
Phoenix, AZ

Boat Name: "Sting"

Model/Year: C22 1974

Hull No. 3627

Hailing Port: Lake Pleasant, AZ
08/08/2004 5:44 PM Pacific Time

Hey Gang,

My deck is gonna need a new coat of paint.

Has anyone used Industrial Enamel in this area? The high abrasion resistant stuff?

I will buy the high $$$ bottom paint, but for the deck, all I really want/need is something durable....right?

Garrett
Al Gearing
Burleson, Texas

Boat Name: Torch of Freedom

Model/Year: C-22 '76

Hull No. 6448

Hailing Port: Arlington YC
08/09/2004 11:05 AM Pacific Time

Garrett,
I have used AWLGrip with great success, it is a little different to put on, you quickly brush or spray a light coat, let it 'flash' for 20 minutes or so, then put on the second coat. You can see thru the first coat, but fear not, the second coat will be opate. Here is a link, to some marine versions,
http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/h-awlgrip.htm?E+scstore
I used the aircraft version for what it was developed, it is one of the first paints that could withstand the corrosiveness of aircraft hydraulic fluid.
Good luck! Also, they have a non-skid that you just add to the paint. Better than sand or anything else.

Al Ge
Andrew Bredow
Holland, MI

Boat Name: Athena

Model/Year: Catalina 22, 1977

Hull No. 7441

Hailing Port: Holland, MI
11/12/2011 8:33 PM Pacific Time

Has anybody ever used a one part or two part urethane paint for the deck?
Bernie Senn
Merritt Island, Florida

Boat Name: FirstLuff

Model/Year: Catalina 22/1986

Hull No. 13498

Hailing Port: Merritt Island
11/12/2011 8:33 PM Pacific Time

Has anybody ever used a one part or two part urethane paint for the deck?

Maintenance
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / Deck Paint