Standing Rigging / Spars

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Standing Rigging / Spars / Bachstay over or under aft rail

Author Bachstay over or under aft rail
T a Brunemeyer
Beachwood NJ

Boat Name: Faith

Model/Year: c-22

Hull No. 1972

Hailing Port:
10/29/2004 7:31 AM Pacific Time

Good day all
As anyone whos read my posts in the rudder and Hull section knows I'm in the midst of restoring my 1972 C22 (I got the first coat of Interlux 404/414 on yesterday). Anyway, I'm thinkinig ahead a bit and trying to decide if I should or coul;d remove the life lines. aT the moment I have what looks like a plumbers dream for a bow pulpit (Its really hidious) and the stock aft rail, I think I'll remove all of the stantions and both the bow and aft rails at least to redo the decks but I'm not sure if I want or have to reinstall them. The only real drawback to leaving them off is if the backstay goesbehind or over the rear rail (IT looks as though the last owner had it that way and the only reason I can see to do it that way is if the boom and or leach of the sail run farther aft than the stay. Does anyone know off hand if its proper to run the stay one way or the other? Thanks

Tim
T a Brunemeyer
Beachwood NJ

Boat Name: Faith

Model/Year: c-22

Hull No. 1972

Hailing Port:
10/29/2004 8:04 AM Pacific Time

Never mind I think, a bit of research helps a lot from the pics I've been able to google it apears as though the aft stay goes under the rail thanks anyway TB
Chuck
East Meadow, NY

Boat Name: Doo Dad

Model/Year: 1984

Hull No. 12418

Hailing Port: Bayshore, NY
10/30/2004 12:08 AM Pacific Time

Under.

Standing Rigging / Spars
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Standing Rigging / Spars / Bachstay over or under aft rail