Electronics

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / Standard Horizon

Author Standard Horizon
Charlie Rice
Santa Cruz, California

Boat Name: Carol Anne

Model/Year: 1987 Catalina 22

Hull No. 14097

Hailing Port: Santa Cruz, California
12/28/2004 5:35 PM Pacific Time

Got an email from Standard Horizon yesterday. They no longer make electronics such as speed logs and depth finders. I confirmed this with a phone call to SH. I have original instruments, with 4" round hole cut outs, that I would like to replace. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
12/29/2004 3:50 PM Pacific Time

Raymarine instruments can be installed over SH instruments. They come with an adapter ring. Unfortunately you are going to need new transducers.

Happy New Year
Paul David
Melbourne Australia

Boat Name: Reflections

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No. 13369

Hailing Port: Melbourne Australia
04/05/2006 11:33 PM Pacific Time

I have a Standard Horizon depthsounder that came with the boat. My guess is it is from 1986. I get a display but it's just gobbledygook. No amount of button stabbing seems to help. Assuming that it's getting power, what do you reckon might be wrong?
Michael Smalter
Webster, NY

Boat Name: Marrakesh

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No. 13645

Hailing Port: Rochester, NY
04/06/2006 4:42 PM Pacific Time

I had a problem with my Signet depth sounder (also a 1986 vintage) several years ago. I called the factory and they suggested 3 things:
1. Check to make sure no paint or growth is on the transducer face.
2. Do not coil the extra wire tightly. It should be in a loose figure 8
3. Unplug the sending unit wire from the depthsounder, clean the contacts and plug it back in. (This fixed my problem!)

Electronics
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / Standard Horizon