Electrical

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Anchor Light Bulb Replacement

Author Anchor Light Bulb Replacement
Steven
Lacey's Spring, AL

Boat Name: Happy Daze

Model/Year: C-22 1986

Hull No. 13658

Hailing Port: Guntersville, AL
01/29/2005 1:01 PM Pacific Time

I have an Aqua Signal 25 masthead anchor light on my C-22. I need to replace the bulb or clean the connections, but I don't know how to open it. The plastic looks brittle so I don't want to put too much force on it. How does it open?
Steve Morgan
Bayport , NY

Boat Name: no name yet

Model/Year: 1988 wing keel

Hull No. #14444

Hailing Port: Bayport NY
01/29/2005 2:48 PM Pacific Time

Steve
I changed mine last year. It is a 'push in and turn counterclockwise' situation. The boat yard actually broke my lens over last winter so I had to replace the whole bulb unit. The whole thing new was about 25 bucks. I was actually happier with having a new clear lens anyway.

Steve Morgan
1988 wing
Michael Smalter
Webster, NY

Boat Name: Marrakesh

Model/Year: 1986

Hull No. 13645

Hailing Port: Rochester, NY
01/30/2005 7:30 PM Pacific Time

When you replace the bulb, I'd recommend putting some electrical anticorrosion gel on both ends of the festune bulb. I've had several problems with the running lights and mast lights that have been poor connections rather than burned out bulbs. You can get the gel at auto stores.

Electrical
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electrical / Anchor Light Bulb Replacement