Sails

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Sails / Rolly Tasker Sails

Author Rolly Tasker Sails
Arthur Giovannetti
Woodstock, MD

Boat Name: The Don

Model/Year: Catalina 22 June 1973

Hull No. 2405

Hailing Port: Tilghman Island, MD
03/25/2005 2:46 PM Pacific Time

Does anybody have any experience with or comments on Rolly Tasker sails? I'm still using the original sails that came with The Don. After 33 years (not as bad as it sounds) it is time to replace both the main and the headsail. I don't race and cost is a significant issue but I also don't want something that is going to fall apart on me after the first season. Any and all suggestions would be welcome. Thankyou
Chuck Bennett
Dothan, Alabama

Boat Name: Mya Scape

Model/Year: C-22SK 1982

Hull No. 10592

Hailing Port: Bagby Marina, Lake Eufaula, Ft. Gaines, Georgia
03/26/2005 5:05 PM Pacific Time

I've had a Tasker genoa for over a year and it hasn't fallen apart yet. I have considered buying a mainsail next year. For the money, it's a good sail. IMO
Austin Cooley
Honeoye Falls, NY

Boat Name: Wings of the Morning

Model/Year: Catalina 22, 1983

Hull No. 11602

Hailing Port: Keuka Lake, Branchport, NY
03/26/2005 6:39 PM Pacific Time

I bought a Roly Tasker 150 jib three years ago and have been happy with it. I do casual racing during the summer and am competative with other 22s. Really high tech sails probably wouldn't give any of us casual racers a significant advantage.

Austin Cooley
Wings of the Morning
dave Cogswell
newport, OR

Boat Name: Monoloco

Model/Year: C-22, 1973

Hull No. 2265

Hailing Port: Newport
08/08/2005 7:32 PM Pacific Time

I bought a main and jib from Rolly Tasker in March 05. I am happy with the sails, and dealing with the factory direct has been great. Even with shipping, better price than I found anywhere else. Mike Tasker has responded to my email questions within one day. I recommend without hesitation.
E Killeen
Oakland, CA

Boat Name: Polka Dot

Model/Year: Catalina 22 / 1971

Hull No. 15K

Hailing Port: Berkeley, CA
08/09/2005 12:39 PM Pacific Time

I bought a 110 and main from rolly tasker about 2 months ago and they've been fantastic. Sailing on SF Bay includes a lot of wind and they've been up to it.

Pictures at http://evk4.blogspot.com/2005/07/whats-that-sound.html .

Thanks,
Edward
http://evk4.blogspot.com

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
08/09/2005 3:13 PM Pacific Time

I had an old rolly tasker sail on my tartan 34. Just curious, do they still put his face on the corner of the sail? It was the strangest thing to see his face looking at me every time we put up the sails.

Butchie,
C22 13320
Sandy Bottoms
Chuck Bennett
Dothan, Alabama

Boat Name: Mya Scape

Model/Year: C-22SK 1982

Hull No. 10592

Hailing Port: Bagby Marina, Lake Eufaula, Ft. Gaines, Georgia
08/10/2005 5:57 AM Pacific Time

No, Thank goodness, mine has a boomerang.
Paul Taylor
Myrtle Point, OR

Boat Name: Respite

Model/Year: C-22 1976

Hull No. 5431

Hailing Port: Coos Bay, OR
08/11/2005 12:08 AM Pacific Time

I bought a Rolly Tasker Spinnaker this year. IT ROCKS!!!! Its is extreemly well built and was only 365.00
Linda Hoffecker
Lancaster, PA

Boat Name: t/c

Model/Year: '82 Cat 22

Hull No. t/c

Hailing Port: Havre de Grace, MD
08/11/2005 8:50 AM Pacific Time

Just curious: I looked Rolly Tasker up on the 'net' and I see that you can contact them in Thailand, direct, or a distributor in the US. How have you folks who have bought the Rolly sails done it? Direct or thru distributor? And, if through a distributor, which one is most reasonanbly priced? Can you just go pick it up like incorporating that into a vacation?
Not in the market at the moment, but am planning to get a front furler maybe next year and will of course, need a sail for it.
Thanks! Linda
E Killeen
Oakland, CA

Boat Name: Polka Dot

Model/Year: Catalina 22 / 1971

Hull No. 15K

Hailing Port: Berkeley, CA
08/12/2005 9:06 AM Pacific Time

I bought mine from Dave Benjamin at Island Planet Sails. He's up in Oregon somewhere. It shipped very quickly; I recommend him highly. I'm down in the SF Bay Area.

I wouldn't have bought a sail with a picture of rolly tasker on it. That's just weird.
Paul Taylor
Myrtle Point, OR

Boat Name: Respite

Model/Year: C-22 1976

Hull No. 5431

Hailing Port: Coos Bay, OR
08/12/2005 9:15 AM Pacific Time

I got my sail from Dave Benjamin at islandplanetsails.com. He is quite knowledgeable and willing to bend over backwards to help. I am ordering a new jib from him today.
Linda Hoffecker
Lancaster, PA

Boat Name: t/c

Model/Year: '82 Cat 22

Hull No. t/c

Hailing Port: Havre de Grace, MD
08/12/2005 11:33 PM Pacific Time

Thank you for the lead. Much appreciated.
Linda
Arthur Giovannetti
Woodstock, MD

Boat Name: The Don

Model/Year: Catalina 22 June 1973

Hull No. 2405

Hailing Port: Tilghman Island, MD
08/29/2005 11:01 AM Pacific Time

Thanks everyone for your input. Based on what I read here I purchased the sails from a domestic distributer in Flordia, National Sail. They have a web site. I was very impressed with the customer service and the sails are outstanding. One thing to note however. The cringles on the tack and the head are substantial and much larger than the cringles on the original Catalina sails. It required the purchase of a new shackel for the jib tack. The head cringles are a tight fit but the original shackles will work with a bit finess. The Don sails much better with the new sails

Sails
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Sails / Rolly Tasker Sails