Engine

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Engine wires and Gas Line routing question

Author Engine wires and Gas Line routing question
Keith Gattozzi
Dennis MA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1977 22 Catalina

Hull No.

Hailing Port: West Dennis MA
07/08/2005 12:21 PM Pacific Time

I just purchased a 77 Catalina 22 and dont know how or where the gas line and loop charging wires go . There is no cutout on the port side cockpit or in the back of the boat.. Thoughts ? Thanks, Keith
Vic
Indianapolis, Indiana

Boat Name: Summer Zamboni

Model/Year: 1985?

Hull No. 13100

Hailing Port: Geist Marina, Indianapolis
07/08/2005 1:34 PM Pacific Time

I usually place my gas tank on the floor of the cockpit adjacent to the transom while motoring, and then place it pack in the cockpit locker when under sail.
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
07/09/2005 4:27 AM Pacific Time

Keith - The port side should have an aft facing vent, that some use to route the gas line from the fuel can locker to the engine. You can also cut a notch in the edge of the hatch. Or, just do as above - put the fuel can in the cockpit up againt the transom. That is where I keep mine when motoring. If you are concerned about it getting away, mount some eye straps and tie it down with bingee cords.
Hobie Davidson
Titusville, Fl.

Boat Name: For Sail

Model/Year: 1977

Hull No. 6993

Hailing Port: Titusville
07/09/2005 8:08 AM Pacific Time

I have a 77 model yr c22. There is a port side hole cut through the transom for a fuel line. I purchased a rubber marine fuel line cover and screwed in on to the outer area. My fuel tank is kept under the portside seating at all times. I simply pressurize the tank before I head out for a sail it is never in the cockpit.
Donald G. Johnson
Missouri City, TX

Boat Name: My Pie

Model/Year: C-22 1974

Hull No. 3740

Hailing Port: Seabrook, TX
07/09/2005 8:43 AM Pacific Time

I bought some regular auto steel gas line and spiced into the rubber hose so that it leads through the small hole in the seat compartment. I have a rather thick seat gasket so that when I store the gas line, the rubber portion folds neatly back into the seat compartment without compressing the hose.
Bob Rayner
Sidney,B.C.

Boat Name: Pooh

Model/Year: Catalina 22 ( swing keel)

Hull No. 5370

Hailing Port: Sidney, BC, Canada
07/09/2005 9:46 AM Pacific Time

I Built a locker under the tiller handle in the aft end of the cockpit. It holds two three gallon gas tanks and frees up a lot of space in the port cockpit locker.
Bob
David J. Pierce
Sunset, Louisiana

Boat Name: Little Miracles

Model/Year: 1985

Hull No. 12822

Hailing Port: Cypermort Point, Louisiana
07/10/2005 7:35 PM Pacific Time

I feed my gas line and charging cable through the flexible vent pipe to the compartment. I place a pull string in the flexible vent pipe and just pull the hose and the cable through the vent.
Keith Gattozzi
Dennis MA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1977 22 Catalina

Hull No.

Hailing Port: West Dennis MA
08/25/2005 11:54 AM Pacific Time

Thanks everyone. I am all set i routed them through the vent.. works great

Keith

Engine
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Engine wires and Gas Line routing question