Running Rigging

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / Boat came with out Mast stepping hardware . Please Help !

Author Boat came with out Mast stepping hardware . Please Help !
Keith Gattozzi
Dennis MA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1977 22 Catalina

Hull No.

Hailing Port: West Dennis MA
07/09/2005 5:48 AM Pacific Time

My 1977 22 Catalina didn’t have any of the hardware that is needed to step the mast. What hardware do I need to complete this task? I know I need a 5/16 bolt for the mast but what about the pins for the stays and the roller furling? I hope to get this in the water this summer. I am new to sailing and am sorry if my terminology is wrong.

Thanks

Keith
David J. Pierce
Sunset, Louisiana

Boat Name: Little Miracles

Model/Year: 1985

Hull No. 12822

Hailing Port: Cypermort Point, Louisiana
07/10/2005 7:47 PM Pacific Time

Keith,

You need to get a copy of the C-22 Technical manual available at the website. It is packed with all of the information you will need regarding most any questions you will have. It covers everythine from the keel to the masthead and includes tuning tips for the standing rigging as well as trimming the sails.

The manual comes on a CD-ROM. I printed all of the articles and placed them in a three ring binder. It is great reference material for a new C-22 sailors. It was the best money I have spent in a long time for a reference manual.
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
07/11/2005 5:50 AM Pacific Time

You should get hold of Chip Ford, who lives in Marblehead, about two hours north of you. A day trip would be well worth the effort. He has totally refurbed an old boat and could give you more information than you could absorb in one sitting. See his website at www.chipford.com.

He is planning a trip up the Maine coast for the next month, so give him a call.

Running Rigging
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Running Rigging / Boat came with out Mast stepping hardware . Please Help !