Electronics

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / rear access from cabin for new instrument?

Author rear access from cabin for new instrument?
Bill Kraus
Bainbridge Island, WA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: Catalina 22

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
04/19/2006 10:19 PM Pacific Time

Trying to install a Navman 3100 near my knotmeter - problem is that the depth of the device is not quite long enough to extend into the cabin, and it has a retainer ring that is bigger than the 2" diameter hole I need to create to have the display flush.

Worst case, I can create a bigger hole on the inside of the cabin (so the ring fits thru it), secure the instrument with the ring, and then cover the hole with a square of white plastic, but I was wondering if anyone had other ideas/suggestions.
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
04/20/2006 4:39 PM Pacific Time

I think West Marine and maybe even Catalina Direct sells an access cover plate that twists tight and is flush. They are about 3-4" inches in diamenter. Maybe more expensive than screwing on a plastic plate, but you will always have easy access from the back.

Electronics
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / rear access from cabin for new instrument?