Cruising Areas

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Areas / Trent River in New Bern, NC

Author Trent River in New Bern, NC

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
06/18/2006 6:10 PM Pacific Time

I am interested in knowing if there is anyone on this board who has sailed the Trent River up to, say, marker #20? If so, I'd really like to ask you a couple of questions.

Eric
PHILIP & SHARON MERLIER
FELLSMERE, FLORIDA

Boat Name: SWIZZLE STICK

Model/Year: 1990 C22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: FELLSMERE, FLORIDA
06/19/2006 12:34 AM Pacific Time

Unless I am mistaken I believe some members of the Trailer/Sailor Association are doing an organized cruise in that area sometime soon. Perhaps you could check it out and contact some of them via their web site.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
06/19/2006 8:35 PM Pacific Time

Thanks, but I've been up the Trent (my home and dock are there.) But I'm looking to get a little more info from someone who has experience sailing it as it has low water depths.

The Trailer Sailors will likely be staying out on the much larger and deeper Nuese River.
Dick King
Melbourne, FL

Boat Name: Twilight Zone

Model/Year: Sport/2005

Hull No. 15546

Hailing Port: Melbourne, FL
06/20/2006 1:44 AM Pacific Time

Is there a chart of the river? If there is, a GPS and a depth sounder, look like the way to go.
R. C. Luiken
Milford, DE

Boat Name: Ricochet

Model/Year: C-22 Swing Keel/1986

Hull No. 13560

Hailing Port: Milford, DE/St. Michaels, MD
06/21/2006 4:35 AM Pacific Time

Just looked at my charts and around R20 depths are around 9'. Heading back toward New Bern depths increase until R8. 12', and then decrease to 6' until you get to the Neusse. There is not a lot of wiggle room. You are confined to the center one-third of the river.

Cruising Areas
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Areas / Trent River in New Bern, NC