Engine

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Evinrude 6HP and Forward/Reverse Controls

Author Evinrude 6HP and Forward/Reverse Controls

Boat Name:

Model/Year: C22 1976

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Bend, OR
07/30/2006 9:20 PM Pacific Time

I have an Evinrude 6HP I am getting ready to drop on my C22. I also have the forward/reverse controls that can be mounted to remotely control f/r/drive. I am wondering if anyone hase rigged up such controls on the starboard side of the cockpit. If so where did you mount the controls and do you have any pics. One way or the other I am going to do it and will post pics upon completion.

Thanks and happy sailing,
Roger Richter
Bloomington, WI

Boat Name: NAVY - TOO

Model/Year: Catalina 22, 1978

Hull No. CTYH8241M78F

Hailing Port: Prairie du Chien, WI
07/31/2006 3:29 PM Pacific Time

Hi, Please send me pictures and details of your forward and reverse controls for your outboard you are putting on your Catalina 22. I want to do the same on my Catalina 22, for my outboard. Thanks - Roger
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
07/31/2006 3:32 PM Pacific Time

There is a C22 boat out West here called "Boat" and I bet he has that control mounted, but then again since he has just about everything, he may have a wheel and pedestal. I know the older C27 (some outboards) and C30's have the shift control and electric start buttons mounted on the port side lower bottom going through to the lazerette appprox. where your legs would be if sitting parrell to the end of your tiller. You could cut a retangular hole and insert a fiberglass insert, sort of like a coming box or worst case scenario a heavy tupperware with a stiff backing rectangular bottom into the hole. The shift lever and post would need to clear the inset. Check the C27 and C30 website for pictures. I know there are pictures of "Boat" on the C22 website, but they are located where only members can go, and I'm not sure if a shift lever picture is there.
David Torrisi
Santa Clara, CA

Boat Name: Dumbo

Model/Year: 1975 C-22

Hull No. 4330

Hailing Port: Santa Clara
07/31/2006 5:12 PM Pacific Time

Lynn,
BOAT is a great example of the "ultimate" C-22. The photos are still up at:
http://www.catalina27.org/Fleet4/BOAT.html

Great stuff!

David

Boat Name:

Model/Year: C22 1976

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Bend, OR
07/31/2006 8:54 PM Pacific Time

Thank you for the replies and will post a pic of the controls soon. It makes sense to keep them on the port side. I am going to get everything on the boat and do some playing around. My goal is to get them placed in the right spot so that they will be clear of all lines, knees, and legs.
Rik Roberts
Vancouver, Washintgton USA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 2007 Catalina 22 MK II

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/04/2006 10:48 AM Pacific Time

I am just over the hill in Portland and want to do the same thing - please contact me

Rik

[email protected]

Engine
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Evinrude 6HP and Forward/Reverse Controls