Racing

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Racing / Larry in Greenville SC "Kemo Sabe"

Author Larry in Greenville SC "Kemo Sabe"
Ole RB
33.6583N 82.2185W

Boat Name: "Water Toy"

Model/Year: 1990 - WK

Hull No. 15110

Hailing Port: Lake Thurmond GA
10/16/2006 2:47 AM Pacific Time

Larry I see you're a member of the Keowee Sailing Club and that the "Turkey Shoot Regatta" is coming up on the 28th of this month.

What kind of turn-out due you have in the Catalina 22 arena? What PHRF number does your club recognize for the C22?

What motel accommodations would you recommend for Seneca?

I'm planning on making this event with my '77 C22 "Diddy III"
Bob Keim
Nashville

Boat Name: Pursuit

Model/Year: C22/1976

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Nashville
10/17/2006 6:54 AM Pacific Time

If I may answer for Larry... I'm coming over from Nashville. You will not find a nice group of guys than Larry and Tommy Knot and the other locals. Dennis will be coming up also. The club puts on good races and a good party. There will almost certainly be a C22 fleet, so you don't have to worry about PHRF.

We'll be camping, but there is a good selection of new and older motels close to the marina.

See you there!
Bob Keim
Nashville

Boat Name: Pursuit

Model/Year: C22/1976

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Nashville
10/18/2006 5:47 AM Pacific Time

haha, I meant to say "you will not find a NICER group of..."

Larry and his buddies are just really fun folks. He even let my dogs cross over his boat when he let me raft up to him at the dock. Now that is way beyond even fabled Southern hospitality!

Racing
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Racing / Larry in Greenville SC "Kemo Sabe"