Leaky Windows

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Leaky Windows / Leaky windows on a C-25

Author Leaky windows on a C-25
Rick
Honolulu, Hi

Boat Name: Doghouse

Model/Year: Catalina 25

Hull No. 760

Hailing Port: Pearl Harbor
10/16/2006 7:55 PM Pacific Time

I guess there is not a Catalina 25 discussions area but from what I've been reading in the C-22 forums you guys are pretty smart. I'm trying to find the aluminum frames for my C-25 windows. Looks like they were put together with stainless steel hard-wear and there is some serious galvanic corrosion going on. Even if I did buy the repair kit to refit the windows I'm not sure how long the frames would hold together. Any ideas were I could get replacement frames?
Greg Guenther
Belleville, IL

Boat Name: Magnificat

Model/Year: 1970

Hull No. 473

Hailing Port: Belleville, IL
10/17/2006 8:26 AM Pacific Time

Rick, If you can find a mfg. name on the ports you could google them. I got some new gaskets for my C22 that way. The other option is to contact our sponsor Catalina Direct and talk to them about a solution. Your boat looks nearly as old as mine so getting replacement parts for your existing ports could present a challenge.

Good luck

Greg
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
10/18/2006 6:18 PM Pacific Time

I've had 3 C25's and there is a forum. I believe you have to be a member of their association to get a password to get on their forum. It's worth the $25.00 a year for all the info you get.
Kathi Fournier
Merced, CA

Boat Name: Nauti Time

Model/Year: Catalina 25/1980

Hull No. 1743

Hailing Port: Merced and Alameda
08/18/2013 9:58 AM Pacific Time

Yes, I joined the forum, well worth the $25. you also receive a year of Mainsheet Magazine and some other perks. Discounts etc. They have boat specific forums too. Lots of posts on Leaky Windows.
Kathi

Leaky Windows
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Leaky Windows / Leaky windows on a C-25