Electronics

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / VHF Antenna Cable Location in Mast ??

Author VHF Antenna Cable Location in Mast ??
Rik Roberts
Vancouver, Washintgton USA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 2007 Catalina 22 MK II

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/18/2006 7:04 AM Pacific Time

I have a new 22 Mark II and want to install a mast mounted VHF antenna - where do you chase the VHF cable in the mast - where does it exit at the bottom.

Thanks

Rik & Konnie
paul osborne
Lima NY

Boat Name: Emy Lyn II

Model/Year: 1984

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Rochester
10/18/2006 10:50 AM Pacific Time

I have mine inside the mast and exit about 2" from the base. Install a cable gromet in the hole before so the cable will not get cut as it enters and exits the mast.
paul osborne
Lima NY

Boat Name: Emy Lyn II

Model/Year: 1984

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Rochester
10/18/2006 10:53 AM Pacific Time

Frogot to ask , are you haylards internal or external ? If ext. you can place cable tyes every3' or so , leave the long tail as you pull the cable through abd the cable will not bang on the inside of the mast.
Rik Roberts
Vancouver, Washintgton USA

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 2007 Catalina 22 MK II

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/18/2006 8:32 PM Pacific Time

The top of my mast is open for the internal halyards but I am concerned with the cable getting mixed up with the ropes - should I drill and entry and exit hole in the mast - does it matter which side.

Thanks

Rik

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
10/20/2006 7:02 PM Pacific Time

Rik,

At the base of the mast go out the bow facing side. Height above the base is a matter of taste, but be mindful of how you plan to place the connector in the cabin top to see if that would influence your choice. Run the cable through the PVC pipe in the mast. There should be a messenger line already in the pipe; left there by Catalina Yachts. If not present us a fish. At the top of the mast, exit on the side where the anchor light wiring is located.

Electronics
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Electronics / VHF Antenna Cable Location in Mast ??